Question about digital lines

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
shinoco

Post by shinoco »

Well I will try it, going to buy Sega Rally Netlink Edition in about 10 days, and the Netlink should be here tommorow most likely. I can try the browser with the standard jack without special software, if this works maybe a net game will work as well.

If not in a month I might be able to setup the jack by the TV to analog with a different company, I do want to know how often games are played before I do this, if it's not often its not worth 30 dollars a month until I move out and have more money, and that's not long either, about 3-4 months.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

shinoco wrote:Well I will try it, going to buy Sega Rally Netlink Edition in about 10 days, and the Netlink should be here tommorow most likely. I can try the browser with the standard jack without special software, if this works maybe a net game will work as well.
The web browser will definitely work, even on a digital phone line, as long as you find a dial-up ISP to connect to (although not all dial-up ISPs are compatible, due to encryption or compression schemes that the Saturn's browser software does not support). It's the games that don't work, because they rely on precise timing, whereas the web browser cannot and does not due to the nature of the Internet.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!