Hour Long Netlink Video

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
JerryTerrifying

Hour Long Netlink Video

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I made a better Netlink video. Explaining all the ins and outs, showing all the hardware and online gameplay from all the Netlink games except Daytona USA CCE Netlink edition. It's an hour long so be prepared for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac-yvh7g-u8
Game collection on my site.
drifter198807

Post by drifter198807 »

i'll definitely be checking it out.
many call me wierd, some say odd, i say eccentric, lol
Manji

Post by Manji »

awesome video man. its fun to look at the matches we had. i can check everything out again from your perspective which is cool.

im glad you're still getting the word out there about the netlink too. hopefully some people will start picking it up and giving it a try.
drifter198807

Post by drifter198807 »

I would have to second that actually. I've been looking into netlink stuff and it gave me what i needed to know to set it up. sadly, i think it'll have to wait 'till i come back from deployment because that's when i think i'll be getting an apartment off-base with an option for an analog phone line. But nevertheless, it's a good vid to take notes on.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Good stuff. Thats a BEAST length of a video. Im glad you got capture software now. You look like my videos now (in a good way).

Ive been procrastinating too long, I need to get my Sega Rally and Virtua On videos up. Plan to do a Netlink overall review video as well when I get around to it.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Yeah the first few seconds of my video got clipped somewhere along the way. Lame. And using Windows Movie Maker sucks. The stuff filmed with a camera is 16:9 and the games are 4:3 and Windows Movie maker won't let me have two aspect ratios in one video. So its still far away from being the masterpiece I wanted it to be. OH well no ones pointed it out yet! At least one person did notice the aspect ratio of the live stuff...but that's not major. I'd rather keep the games in their original aspect ratio.

Also it would have been cool if Manji could have taped his side of things and we could combine the two videos.

I told you I did really bad at Sega Rally lol!
drifter198807

Post by drifter198807 »

Heh, yeah, movie maker does have it's limits when it comes to options... and hell, trying to upscale a video to 1080p is almost impossible on my laptop, lol.

no matter though, an informative vid was set out to be made and what was said to be shown delivered in spades.

here's some food for thought though, perhaps a youtube vid could be made broadcasting some kind of netlink tournament? both sides would be taking video and when the match is done, someone could get both video feeds and edit it, and then post it on youtube. Give it the proper tags and it may be able to pull in some more saturn users out there. who knows? may end up starting something as well, lol
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

nice vid btw. watched it the other night. hopefully i can get some netlink games in soon with you guys.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

drifter198807 wrote:Heh, yeah, movie maker does have it's limits when it comes to options... and hell, trying to upscale a video to 1080p is almost impossible on my laptop, lol.

no matter though, an informative vid was set out to be made and what was said to be shown delivered in spades.

here's some food for thought though, perhaps a youtube vid could be made broadcasting some kind of netlink tournament? both sides would be taking video and when the match is done, someone could get both video feeds and edit it, and then post it on youtube. Give it the proper tags and it may be able to pull in some more saturn users out there. who knows? may end up starting something as well, lol
I'm somewhat close to getting something like that going.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
drifter198807

Post by drifter198807 »

awesome
wip3outguy7

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Such a great video. I've watched it like 3 times. Thanks again for the Virtual On plug. :D

So I now have Sega Rally Netlink and Duke Nukem 3D and Virtual On Netlink is on the way. All that's left is the modem and access to an analog line!
Manji

Post by Manji »

sweet. welcome to the forums! i think you would be a difficult person to beat at Virtual On since you are so well versed. but a challenge is always good.
wip3outguy7

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Thanks, man. I can't wait to put together the hardware and play some of you guys!
JerryTerrifying

Welcome to the League! I'm glad a few more people are interested in the Netlink. Just getting one more person to use the Netlink is mission success. I'll keep spreading the gospel at any rate. I've got youtube and now the Mondo Cool Cast to help spread the good word. :D
wip3outguy7

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Virtual On Netlink came in today! Pretty scratched but I'm halfway through the audio tracks and no skips so far (at work so I can't test it out). Hopefully it plays well! Now to get some Netlink hardware.