Xranger60

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
xDerekRx

Xranger60

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey, was just wondering...

I realize not alot of us play Netlink matches on a regular basis. In fact besides the good run me and Manji had last year Im not sure more than a handful have been played since...

But was just wondering if you planned to go through with your Leaderboard program/webpage? Something where we can report our wins/losses and have it automatically leaderboard them. I plan to get back into playing some matches so Ill make sure it goes to good use :)

I think I remember 3-4 years ago well before I joined this site you had something like this, an automatic leaderboard system. I could be wrong though.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Hey, thanks for asking about this! Tonight I was actually thinking about some changes that will be coming soon. I've been taking stock of where the site is at right now and where it should go, and what changes would make a positive impact.

The MXBB portal system is outdated, and worse, apparently no longer even supported. The web site is down, and a search hasn't revealed any temporary home. It's pretty clear the portal system will have to be abandoned, leaving just the core PHPBB board.

The board itself will need to be upgraded to the latest software, which hasn't been done in a while, but will be extremely beneficial, adding, as Warp has pointed out, expanded search features and security measures (useful for dealing with annoying bots).

The ladder existed in some form prior to 2005. It was never automated, and was only a simple HTML table updated manually. I really do think another ladder is a good idea and will look into ways to make this feasible.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea i would love a leaderboard. even though i dont play on a regular basis, i'll still get a netlink game in every once in a while. having a leaderboard might prompt more people to get into the games more regularly. even if im not always participating, i would love to see others getting their game on :D
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah Manji I agree, sometimes leaderboard brings out the competition in people (look at how nuts people are about their Halo stats on Xbox live and CODMW32 stats)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!