To contrast... worst or least favorite Bomberman?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
TeamAwesome

To contrast... worst or least favorite Bomberman?

Post by TeamAwesome »

even though i love bomberman, i would have to say his first gamecube appearance was dreadful.. i couldnt get into the single player story mode, and the whole idea with the little animals that battled and stuff was WAY out of the B-man picture... not the right style for the game, just because pokemon was selling doesnt mean it will for bomberman and buddies... silly hudson soft, what were you thinking!
I'm only explaining
the paradox
of
asking a
masked man
who he is... - V
blueshinobi

Re: To contrast... worst or least favorite Bomberman?

Post by blueshinobi »

TeamAwesome wrote:even though i love bomberman, i would have to say his first gamecube appearance was dreadful.. i couldnt get into the single player story mode, and the whole idea with the little animals that battled and stuff was WAY out of the B-man picture... not the right style for the game, just because pokemon was selling doesnt mean it will for bomberman and buddies... silly hudson soft, what were you thinking!
The gamecube bomberman sucked. :?
SEGA - Now With 20% More SONIC!!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Bomberman Generation: Agreed, the single player is crap. But up here, before I bought my second Saturn, we played the multiplayer in Bomberman:Generation. And it was fun. The multiplayer mode is really not so bad, if you need a multiplayer fix, it will definitely do.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

The multiplayer in bomberman 64 is Great!
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

I dunno guys, anyone ever try Bomberman Wars? That game was pretty sad. I appreciate what they tried to do: take bomberman and make the gameplay something along the lines of FFTactics or Shining Force, but it just doesn't work. This game was a huge letdown, and yet I kept playing hoping that some redeeming quality would show up. Yeah, that never happened.

Multiplayer is really Bomberman's bread & butter. Even the not-so-great games in the series are a blast if you can grab a couple pals.
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

Cidus wrote:I dunno guys, anyone ever try Bomberman Wars? That game was pretty sad. I appreciate what they tried to do: take bomberman and make the gameplay something along the lines of FFTactics or Shining Force, but it just doesn't work. This game was a huge letdown, and yet I kept playing hoping that some redeeming quality would show up. Yeah, that never happened.

Multiplayer is really Bomberman's bread & butter. Even the not-so-great games in the series are a blast if you can grab a couple pals.
No, I haven't seen that game. :?
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

blueshinobi wrote:
Cidus wrote:I dunno guys, anyone ever try Bomberman Wars? That game was pretty sad. I appreciate what they tried to do: take bomberman and make the gameplay something along the lines of FFTactics or Shining Force, but it just doesn't work. This game was a huge letdown, and yet I kept playing hoping that some redeeming quality would show up. Yeah, that never happened.

You're better off for it :wink:. My very first reaction when I played it was "Dude, wtf is this!?". Making Bomberman strategic is like putting Sonic into a Mahjong game...some stuff just shouldn't be done.

This Gamespot review is on-point about the game: http://www.gamespot.com/ps/strategy/bom ... eview.html.

The good news is that because it's not a 'true' Bomberman game...we can kinda pretend it doesn't exist.
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

Cidus wrote:
blueshinobi wrote:

You're better off for it :wink:. My very first reaction when I played it was "Dude, wtf is this!?". Making Bomberman strategic is like putting Sonic into a Mahjong game...some stuff just shouldn't be done.

This Gamespot review is on-point about the game: http://www.gamespot.com/ps/strategy/bom ... eview.html.

The good news is that because it's not a 'true' Bomberman game...we can kinda pretend it doesn't exist.
lol.