8 Player Saturn Bomberman with 8 real people :)

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
xDerekRx

8 Player Saturn Bomberman with 8 real people :)

Post by xDerekRx »

I have a group of friends, not unlike many, who get together for Halo parties. They do it once a week. Usually we get 8-10 people and hook up 3 TVs or so.

One week I decided I was going to bring over Saturn Bomberman and my Sega Saturn.

Everyone agreed they would give it a try. I have 2 of the 6 player multitaps and about 10 controllers.

I was very pumped that these new younger gamers were down to play some Saturn. 2 people didnt know what the saturn was. The rest of the people were so amazed to see a Sega Saturn that they took pictures with their phone to show their friends they were playing a Sega Saturn in 2010.

But after all the dust settled, we started up the game, and rolled with 8 players in person.

It was fantastic. In fact we played for 3 hours because everyone loved it so much. Safe to say we may have some more Saturn Bomberman parties before all is over.

Very cool that I could get the Saturn to become a party system option to Halo 3!

Below is a picture I snapped of what it looks like on TV. Its a 55 inch LED TV BTW so it was very viewable. Ill try to take a video next time we play so Youtube purposes. (and yes my friends kitty has a cone around its neck!)

Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

that's pretty sweet.

for some reason the character with the bald head in the top banner looks like bonk to me.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji wrote:that's pretty sweet.

for some reason the character with the bald head in the top banner looks like bonk to me.
It is Bonk from the old Turbo Graphix games. My friend who chose that character pointed it out.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

That looks so awesome. I wish I had enough people to play such a large game with. Also multitaps and controllers.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
wip3outguy7

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Awesome story! The Central Texas Racketboy.com members are getting together for a meet at Game Over next Friday. I really hope we can get a 6 player Guardian Heroes match going. We wanted to try Bomberman but no one has it. Maybe next time.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Awesome story! The Central Texas Racketboy.com members are getting together for a meet at Game Over next Friday. I really hope we can get a 6 player Guardian Heroes match going. We wanted to try Bomberman but no one has it. Maybe next time.
I just bought Guardian Heroes last week. There was enough time or we would have tried a 6 player battle. A friend and I unlocked a ton of characters too for the battle mode.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Chaosomega

Post by Chaosomega »

is your cat watching you all play bomber man lol Anyways so who all won the epic fight lol

Everybody is super sonic race-in try to keep your feet right on the ground!!

Netlink games owned: Duke Nukem3D more to come in the future
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

We played about 4-5 series. Each series the first to 5 wins won it.

I won 3 series and one of my friends won 2.

The last series of the night, one of my friends girlfriends took me to the brink. She had 4 wins but couldnt get the 5th win.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Chaosomega wrote:is your cat watching you all play bomber man lol Anyways so who all won the epic fight lol
Also the cat is my friends cat. Its a new kitten (which is why it has the cone). He would literally paw at the screen anytime someone got close to him.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

ameisenmann

Post by ameisenmann »

Nice to see that some other people also enjoy bomberman saturn sessions. I do them regularly with 5-8 players and it is really fun!
Also the less experienced players have a lot of fun because they can still participate as mad bombers. Some of them practiced that to perfection because they die so often :D.

Usually my friend (who owns also a saturn and a copy) or I win all the time but it is always a hard battle since gaming becomes so crazy when 6 mad bombers try to blow you up because you have 4 wins :P

The cat is really cute! I need to get one by myself ;)