How many players for Daytona USA CCE netlink edition ?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Lagi

How many players for Daytona USA CCE netlink edition ?

Post by Lagi »

Given I can't afford the game, I was wondering the benefit of it if we except the collection aspect because the Japanese version is an improved one as well with the possibility to play with a link cable.

My question is how many players can play Daytona USA CCE on the same time via the netlink ? Only two because there are only two landlines, one who dials up and the other who "takes the call" ? Or can we be more to play this game ?

I've read Saturn Bomberman was the only game to be played netlink with four players, two players being on each side. Am I right ?

Finally, should I understand that it's not possible to play with seven other players on the same time at Daytona USA CCE ?

Thank you for your answer because I racked the net to find an answer, and nothing is mentioned about the number of players for each netlink game for the saturn system.

Thank you.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Your post looked like it had more questions than it actually did. =P

Saturn Bomberman: I've heard the same thing, but never tried it. I believe it's true. If I can get a game going with someone, I can test it for myself.

Daytona over Netlink: Correct, only two players, connected by two landlines. With the exception of Bomberman, all of the US Netlink games are like this.

Daytona otherwise: I don't think it's possible to get more than two players playing together for any setup. However, I don't have any proof.

Sorry for the bad news, but wwelcome to the forum!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

No, I'm sure that the japanese version called Daytona USA Circuit Edition can be played via the directlink (link cable), which Sega has not implemented in the euro and US retails. I wonder if it's not the same for the japanese version of sega rally.

Check this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebRv3Lu9 ... re=related

Thank you for welcoming me on the forum ^^
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I never said you couldn't use the DirectLink. However, I don't know which games do or do not use it, so I didn't mention it. I was only talking about the NetLink and split-screen multiplayer.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Apparently you could use the Link Cable in a Daytona Demo . Ive searched for the demo buts its hard to find.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!