Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Sonic_Ecco

Re: Introduce Yourself!!

Post by Sonic_Ecco »

I found out I have a digital to analogue adapter home and work phones. Since finding that out I have become a Viking. This is incredible. I love this DLE-200B. Going to have an awesome time now. I might try to get doubles of all the Net Link games. That will be daunting for Daytona and possibly Bomberman. I could probably find another Duke easily. Thanks for the advise. My cottage has a analogue phone though so I might play how it was intended from up there, I will look here for other players when I can do that.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Good luck!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
MrBlueSky

Post by MrBlueSky »

Hello everybody, just a curious French guy who is planing to modify his PAL Saturn for future Netlink use :)

The first time I heard about the Netlink was right after connecting my beloved Dreamcast to the internet with a Dreampi (2017). Looking for further uses for this nice little device I stumbled on the Netlink. Right now I only own a Dreampi and I just ordered a Linksys VoIP adapter on ebay. I'm still looking for a Netlink modem at a descent price (loose is not a problem).

However I'm not in a hurry. I still have to modify one of my Saturn in order to make her a US-Model and able to read backups. I'll let you know once I'm ready. Hope I'll join you soon for amazing retro-online gaming :mrgreen:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome! I wish you luck - distance is a major antagonist in getting a game to play smoothly.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
MrBlueSky

Post by MrBlueSky »

Thank you Warp2063. Apparently they are some European players, I hope I'll manage to play against them :)
However, the first hurdle is to find a Netlink Modem at a descent price and without paying to much postal costs...
AUSTIN_PEYTON

Post by AUSTIN_PEYTON »

Hi I’ve been on this board since 2016 but my previous account has since been purged because I used a high school email. I’m surprised I haven’t ever done a introduction here on my previous account so this is the perfect time to do one. My Name is Austin Peyton and Sega Saturn has been my hobby for quite awhile. I own the equipment necessary to run analog Netlink, Sega Genesis Xband, and VoIP Netlink. I also have various other oddball peripherals such as the VCD encoder and a Prologue 21. However, coming soon I will no longer be able to participate on analog Netlink. I simply get too many spam callers and it costs so much to have a landline. I am still good to do VoIP and I hope to continue contributing quality content here. Thanks :D
This is my new account. Older account Austin Peyton. I am up for Saturn Netlink on phone lines or VoIP. Also participate in the Dreamcast Online community. 8)