Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
retro

Post by retro »

Well, I only just stumbled across this site by chance.. to be honest, I'm surprised I didn't come across it sooner!

There may be some who know me from other communities. My name is Mark, and I am the owner of saturn-planet.com (currently offline but I have plans for it when time permits).

Hmm, what else to say? I have a wide variety of interests, including video games (all formats!), music, movies... the usual, really!

I have a qualification in Music Production, but have spent several years working as a Computer Technician.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the site!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
CptWafer

Post by CptWafer »

Hello, all! I am a 24 year old historian-in-training and vintage gaming enthusiast from the southern US, that infamous cradle of civilization and tolerance.:lol:

I have a substantial Saturn collection, but only recently purchased a Netlink from Amazon after reawakening my 12 year old interest in this underappreciated peripheral.
I will have Sega Rally and Virtual On, and hopefully at some point a landline! (I have had only a cellphone as a direct line of communication for years) I look forward to hopefully playing some of you in the future. Moreso than that, I am intrigued by the prospect of taking the dated, lethargic Saturn PlanetWeb browser online, if for no other reason than to say I've done it. Any info/help the community could bestow would be appreciated. Oh well, this is running a bit long for an introduction, so I'll just say it's a pleasure to meet you all!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hello to both of you!!

Hopefully you can provide some new Netlink competition. People come and go every month or so. Feel free to hit me up for a match sometime.

Or just hang around and chat about Saturn :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome!

If you need help with the PlanetWeb browser, let us know. There are several methods of getting it to work. :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
ASSEMbler

Post by ASSEMbler »

Greetings!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

ASSEMbler wrote:Greetings!
And to you!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

They are coming out of the woodwork now.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight

Post by Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight »

Hi, I just joined when I saw someone was in the same city as me. I bought a NetLink about an hour ago on ebay and will have to hunt down some games, but hopefully I'll be playing real soon!
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
Manji

Post by Manji »

Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight wrote:Hi, I just joined when I saw someone was in the same city as me. I bought a NetLink about an hour ago on ebay and will have to hunt down some games, but hopefully I'll be playing real soon!
welcome to the forum! 4 of the games are easy to find and usually affordable (although i think saturn bomberman price can vary).

I was thinking about Saturn Bomberman & Duke Nukem 3D the most as I am familiar with those, but I still have to wait until my NetLink comes in the mail. :)
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Nocturne which city do you live in? You said you saw someone that lives in your city. I know we have a Buffalo (me) and a Rochester on here :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Utica, I saw that KronixKid22 is from here too but looks like he has no NetLink. I can call anyone in the 315 area code, but I told them I didn't want to even be able to dial long distance. Verizon didn't like that much because they can't fake long distance charges, so I'm stuck in a small calling area or just receiving calls.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll have fun once you get in some netlink matches. I'm sure there's quite a few people here willing to dial you. My broke ass can't dial out either and I've had a few good netlink matches. :D
Game collection on my site.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Welcome to all new members!!

I hope I can play with some of you guys soon too. I'll have to deal with international calls, but it will be for some good reason.. =P
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D