Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
ViciousAlienKlown

Post by ViciousAlienKlown »

I just bought a Netlink modem along with Sega Rally Championship and Virtual On. The games came with the pack and i already have Duke Nukem 3D. I haven't been able to get online with just yet since i only have cable to get on the internet. I do have a back up dial connection but my phone is also broadband so i'm not sure i can actually use that line.

I live in Amarillo, Texas and i also have a Dreamcast that i use at times. I still play Quake III online! I can't seem to get 4x4 Evo to work with that back up dial connection but i can browse the web.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Alias: grolt

I'm up in Calgary toughing it out in the film industry, and have been with the Saturn since its launch. I'm looking to finally take advantage of some of those great unadopted innovations Sega pioneered, like the NetLink, and hopefully meet some guys to shoot the shit with along the way. I also enjoy long walks on the beach.
EverestX

Post by EverestX »

I am a Sega Saturn Nut, It's my favorite console of all time.
I own 3 Saturn's (US V1[Launch day], US V2 (32 pin), and a White J V2 (Sanyo))
I have all US and a couple Jap netlink games , and I will try to dig out my old Netlink now that I have found this wonderful forum!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Great to have you here, Everest. I'm sure we'll be NetLinking soon, but don't be a stranger to the other forums too!
That's fly.
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

Hey All. Names JAmes. I finally got a net link and i'm all excited. Wish I've Had one all along. I gotta Find My copy of sega Rally Though, Then I'm ready to play!!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Hey all, my name's Warp2063, or just Warp for short. I've been the proud owner of a Sega Saturn for... oh, about six hours now. :D

I'm 21, currently studying Computer Science in Utah, and I love classic video game systems. Some of my favorite things to do are: program, read, draw, write, play video games, surf the web, listen to music, and sing.

I'm working on procuring a Net Link at the moment, and then I'll work on getting some games. Also, I need to hunt down a replacement battery for the system... it forgets my settings every time I turn it off.

If you've got any questions, just ask! :D
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

Glad to be a part of these forums! I have had a Netlink for some time but FINALLY was able to get some Netlink games. I LOVE the Sega Saturn. It's one of my favorite systems of all time.

Anytime someone wants to fire up the Netlink and have a go at it I am almost always availible Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When i'm not playing games chances are I am watching an Italian movie. Don't let anyone tell you different Itallian cinema freaking rules!!!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Welcome to the boards, Silence! What kind of Italian movies are you interested in? Gialli? Polizias? Arthouse? Exploitation? There's a wealth of great films from there, and it's nice to see another fan on here of all places!
That's fly.
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

Thanks for the welcome Grolt. Nice to see a fellow DP member here as well. Looking through the previous threads and posts it seems like you all have a good community going here.

I must say it's quite a surprise to see someone else that enjoys Italian cinema. I am a HUGE videogame nerd :lol: but I’m as much of a nerd when it comes to Italian cinema as well.

The main Italian genera that I enjoy are, as you stated previously, Giallo/Gialli. They are much more intelligent and better films than the typical American slasher films. They are murder mysteries unlike anything else. With such prolific and visionary directors as Mario Bava, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Sergio Martino and Michael Soavi they created, refined, and established the Giallo murder mysteries.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Spaghetti Westerns. When I tell most people this they just reply; “Oh… yeah I don’t really care for Westerns.” And I simply reply; “I don’t really care for most Westerns either… But Spaghetti Westerns are absolutely phenomenal.” They completely changed the face of American Westerns forever. Most Westerns Pre 1965 are very tame, easy on the violence and cliché (Good guys are clean cut and wear light colors and bad guys wear dark colors). Once the first few Spaghetti Westerns played on the silver screen they threw EVERY preconception out the window and turned the genera upside down.

Spaghetti Westerns had VERY striking and stylized characters that were more in common with comic book archetype characters than traditional Westerns. A good example of this would be the movie Django. Django is instantly recognizable with his long black duster and hat and the coffin that he drags through the desert behind him with only a rope over his shoulder. The heroes were also no longer easily defined. It wasn’t as simple as good vs. evil as in American Westerns. They were ultra-violent anti-heroes and didn’t always do the right thing. With the help of Enio Morricone Spaghetti Westerns redefined the film aspect as well as the musical side of things. Instead of the classic orchestral scores American Westerns used, Spaghetti Westerns used massive vocal choirs coupled with electric guitar to create a hallmark staple that their American counterparts would NEVER trump. Again with such prolific and visionary directors as Sergio Leone, Sergio Corbuccie, Sergio Garrone, Enzo Barbone, and Gianfranco Parolini (Frank Kramer) Italy slapped Hollywood in the face, refined the genera, and established the Spaghetti Western.

There are many other Italian movies I enjoy as well, like all the zombie movies that they made and some of the exploitation films like Cannibal Holocaust. So if you ever have an Italian movie you want to chat about or recommend to me I’m all ears.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hello everyone!

My name is Peter, I am 27 and living in Calgary. I love Saturn - presently collecting all games, trying to acquire the entire North American collection. Currently I stand at just over a third, and luckily, most of the expensive games I got at release :) - no Daytona Netlink though.

Just bought a Netlink and the Rally / Virtual On game pak off eBay, so looking forward to some battles in the near future!
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I just realized i never posted here. Well my name's Stephen and I'm 18 living in MA. Going to Rochester Institute of technology for Film/Animation next year. Hopefully I'll be able to bring my saturn along...and maybe get more people interested!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Wow, a warm welcome to all those who just posted here! It's great to see so many newcomers around recently and that some of those not-so-recent members are coming out of the woodwork. Seems like this place is getting busier every day. Enjoy your stay!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Xranger60 wrote:Wow, a warm welcome to all those who just posted here! It's great to see so many newcomers around recently and that some of those not-so-recent members are coming out of the woodwork. Seems like this place is getting busier every day. Enjoy your stay!
I'll second that...very nice to see some new users on here :) but where are all the UK importers huh? lol

Not so bad actually because I think I will be finally a regular netlinker very soon as my friend has finally won an auction to replace his dead modem...so netlink gaming here I come :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
blast

Post by blast »

Hi all

Blast for a blast :D started online gaming sometime around 8 years ago on the Dreamcast which I still play today :D Also online with Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 (You can stop booing and hissing now) Just got my 2nd netlink cus my first one died after one game of Sega rally, what a tease :( Have now played all of the games over netlink except Voot.

I know Segadreamcaster very well, mines a Vodka :D

I'll try and get into the habbit of stopping by.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

blast wrote:Hi all

Blast for a blast :D started online gaming sometime around 8 years ago on the Dreamcast which I still play today :D Also online with Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 (You can stop booing and hissing now) Just got my 2nd netlink cus my first one died after one game of Sega rally, what a tease :( Have now played all of the games over netlink except Voot.

I know Segadreamcaster very well, mines a Vodka :D

I'll try and get into the habbit of stopping by.
Yah my netlink and dreamcast and ps2 and 360....(whoo outta breath)...buddy :)

You finally made it then :)

Welcome m8 :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)