Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Cool, glad to see you back.... :) the palce isnt the same without you :) as in there are very few posts....lol
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
KronixKid22

Post by KronixKid22 »

I'm still here :D
Overwatch

Post by Overwatch »

I'm here to just no one says anything I can reply to.
KronixKid22

Post by KronixKid22 »

lol
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Haha great to know you guys are still visiting even though you don't feel like there's anything to contribute to.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

yeah, is a shame things are a little stagnant, but I guess thats par for the course with situation such as this, where we are trying to garner interest for something which is essentially dead :( but hey...keep plodding along :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hi everyone!

I'm always here searching for new posts XD and lately I'm searching a lot about Saturn...buying some games...*got Resident Evil! \o/*etc...

lol, yesterday we have a Daytona Usa Tournament here in my city, and I'm 3rd! ^^' *gotta train more*

here some links for anyone interested:
http://www.sega-saturn.net/

http://ranking.satakore.com/ < rankings! =D

well, see ya! ^^

* sorry about the english... XD
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Overwatch

Post by Overwatch »

Someone should buy commercial time on PBS to get more members.
scott21

Post by scott21 »

i'm scott, news power / co-webmaster of http://saturn.emulation64.com/ although as you can see it's hasnt been updated in a while. I lost my website designer and ran into a few snags. Havent gotten around to doing much with it since.

some stuff about myself.. just turned 21 a week or two ago, now its legal to drink :) woohoo..

located in kentucky, usa.
Doktor ?M

The Return of Doktor ?M

Post by Doktor ?M »

Wow, it's been a number of years since I thought about my Netlink. But November represents the 10th anniversary of my purchase of the Saturn Netlink and the subsequent life altering voyage this little device would bring into my life. In 1996, the internet was still virgin country - the wild west of the digital age if you will, and Netlink along with the PlanetWeb mailing list, was my first taste of what this brave, new, digital world had to offer.

I met a lot of great people back in the day; it's weird to think that the internet used to be a lot more personable place than it is today, and we did a lot of crazy things together (both online and eventually offline). Net access used to be pretty limited thing back in 1996, with the number of netizens few and far between - even fewer still with access via the Saturn Netlink, so it was only a matter of time before the majority of us found ourselves making travel arrangements to meet many of our online friends in the 'real' world. Whether state to state or across international borders, there we were. Started a few conventions and other such gatherings, and the occasional pro Netlink sites. Many of us are still friends; some friends were lost; some friends were even hitched - I wonder how those relationships worked out?

It really was a great time. You really got to know the people you were gaming with; the highs and the lows in their lives - we shared them all. But that was a decade ago, and I am in my mid-30s now and the net is very much a very different place. But I still have my Saturn Netlink . . . somewhere, I really gotta find that thing. And as soon as I do, I'll be looking to get some old school 'online' gaming on. Heck, I even resurrected my original online call sign

The Doktor is in the house 8)
segadreamcaster

Re: The Return of Doktor ?M

Doktor ?M wrote:Wow, it's been a number of years since I thought about my Netlink. But November represents the 10th anniversary of my purchase of the Saturn Netlink and the subsequent life altering voyage this little device would bring into my life. In 1996, the internet was still virgin country - the wild west of the digital age if you will, and Netlink along with the PlanetWeb mailing list, was my first taste of what this brave, new, digital world had to offer.

I met a lot of great people back in the day; it's weird to think that the internet used to be a lot more personable place than it is today, and we did a lot of crazy things together (both online and eventually offline). Net access used to be pretty limited thing back in 1996, with the number of netizens few and far between - even fewer still with access via the Saturn Netlink, so it was only a matter of time before the majority of us found ourselves making travel arrangements to meet many of our online friends in the 'real' world. Whether state to state or across international borders, there we were. Started a few conventions and other such gatherings, and the occasional pro Netlink sites. Many of us are still friends; some friends were lost; some friends were even hitched - I wonder how those relationships worked out?

It really was a great time. You really got to know the people you were gaming with; the highs and the lows in their lives - we shared them all. But that was a decade ago, and I am in my mid-30s now and the net is very much a very different place. But I still have my Saturn Netlink . . . somewhere, I really gotta find that thing. And as soon as I do, I'll be looking to get some old school 'online' gaming on. Heck, I even resurrected my original online call sign

The Doktor is in the house 8)
Cool, welcome to the site/forums, pull up a seat and make yourself comfortable :) and please visit regulalrly...we need company..lol

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Overwatch

Post by Overwatch »

Fo' Real! Where is everybody? No one everposts other than Spam bots.
Zachstar

Post by Zachstar »

Sure ill visit and post.

However I lost my NetLink and software to my Saturn years ago.

Still have the old Saturn but that is it no games no cables and no NetLink.

After I get a Nintendo Wii I plan to start work on getting that old thing back to working condition. The PlanetWeb interface is one of the best browsers I've ever used. (Firefox being the only browser beating it)

I might also get the Dreamcast version but I do not have much info.

Glad to see this forum going strong again.
segadreamcaster

Yeah, think we need as many active, or at least semi active members as we can get..myself I usually end up checking these forum every week to two weeks now due to the low post count :(

But still at least there are some of us here.... :)

Definately get yourself setup again zachstar...would be great to have another fully capable netlinker on here, there don't really seem to be that many of us, and even fewer here in the UK :( lol

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
scroda_moon

Post by scroda_moon »

Name: scroda_moon

SEGA! thats what its all about!