Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Hey blast, welcome to the forums! Good that you know dreamcaster, because he's been pretty much the most active member for the 2 years since this redesigned site launched ;). Be sure to stay active and tell us about all your netlink experiences, we'd love to hear them.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
blast

Post by blast »

I finally remembered to drop by again :D One thing you learn about me is I have the memory capacity of a gold fish with altzheimers. I'll take a look around now, fridays are quiet in work :o
Reala

Post by Reala »

Been playing Saturn for about 5 years now. Played alot of game systems but the Saturn rocks 'em all (with exception to dreamcast which was right up there with the Saturn). I don't have a net link (yet) But if anybody lives in the west michigan area I'll play u at virtua fighter or whatever you got. All my friends are playing 360 and wii and im still playing games from 2 generations back lol. although i can usually get them to play fighters megamix.
-nick
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the boards!

I'm a newcomer to the Saturn scene myself (my parents wouldn't get me a game console back then, so I've since had to buy just about everything myself). I hope you enjoy your time here though!
acem77

Hi All

Post by acem77 »

Hello,
I just found this site linked form a digitpress post. I just
Made few post in two spots on this forum.
It kind of fit the theme for each section.
The trick would involve using a netlink with the vonage voice over ip service. My early tests look positive.
If all works out I would love to play some people here.

Back in the day enjoyed virtual on the most.
However I do have all the netlink games even Dayton netlink edition :)
I live in Ohio and do consider my self a big gamer. I Have nice collect of almost every system and a 1000+ games.
You will find me in a lot post about RGB mods(the trickiest being the nes and 3do) I love a clear picture :D
However
I do look forward in playing some netlink games.
beershotz

Post by beershotz »

Hello everyone!

I've been a huge Sega Saturn fan since it was released and still play it all the time! I've always wanted to purchase the Netlink but I never thought I would find anyone to play. Now that I found this site I just purchased a Netlink off of Ebay. Now I just need some Netlink games to go with it! I think this site is great and I hope to be playing with the Netlink very soon! :D :D :D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Awesome! Welcome to the site!

I hopefully will be able to get in on the Netlink action soon as well. :)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Wow, it feels great to see people so motivated by stumbling across this site. Welcome! This is for NetLink and future NetLink users, as well as people who are just interested!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
beershotz

Post by beershotz »

Sounds great!
I'm bidding on a copy of Sega Rally now. I'll be sure to let ya know when I have everything and I'm ready to play! Great to see other fans of the Saturn! I have a quick question... I also have a Dreamcast but not to many games for it....do any of you guys or gals play any online Dreamcast games? Are there any still up and running?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't know if any official DC servers are still running (I think they're all down now), but I know that for a few games (e.g. Phantasy Star Online and Quake III), people have managed to set up private servers.
blast

Post by blast »

beershotz wrote:Sounds great!
I'm bidding on a copy of Sega Rally now. I'll be sure to let ya know when I have everything and I'm ready to play! Great to see other fans of the Saturn! I have a quick question... I also have a Dreamcast but not to many games for it....do any of you guys or gals play any online Dreamcast games? Are there any still up and running?
Go here for any information you want on Dreamcast online http://www.onlineconsoles.com

You can still play online

PSO VER 1 and VER 2
4x4 EVO
Maximum pool
Starlancer
Quake 3 arena
Sega swirl (over pop 3 email)

All these games are now online forever too :D
Manji

Post by Manji »

Hello humans. I registered here a couple weeks ago, but haven't posted because I don't actually own a Sega Saturn or any games right now. I missed out on the Saturn during its rise and fall, lured by the Playstation and N64. In time, I hope to change this unfortunate situation and be able to contribute to this site's longevity.

Cheers in the meantime!
MrSunshine

Post by MrSunshine »

Hey, everyone. I came across this little community the other day and figured it might be fun to join in. I've actually had a Netlink since it first came out (scary!), and I have all 5 games for it. I'm a crazy collector, so I have all kinds of weird stuff (I actually have the Virtual On dual sticks, for instance).

Unfortunately, my telephone service is through cable, which sounds like it may be a deal breaker, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try, if only for kicks. My Saturn has a permanent home in my entertainment center, so I'm willing to give it a shot whenever.

Incidentally, MrSunshine is also my Xbox Live name, so anyone who has that can find me when I'm playing games and ping me if you want. ;) My PSN name is MSunshine, but I'm hardly ever logged on to that. Still, feel free to check.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the site, MrSunshine! We always like to see a new face!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
dbdrummer88

about me

Post by dbdrummer88 »

im mark
-20 yrs old
-i play drums (heavy metal)
-can dunk a basketball :) (white and 6'3")
-i own all popular platforms from nes to ps2