Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Awesome! I'm not so big on the shooters, but I agree on pretty much the rest of what you said! :D
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

EliteKiller234 wrote:Name: Zachariah

About Me: I'm eight-teen years old, I wear glasses, and have brown hair/eyes. I stand six feet; my shoe size is eleven.

Hometown: Pennsylvania

Schools: Western Pennsylvania Cyber Charter

Movies and Shows: Action, scary, mysterious, humor, funny, stupid, sexual themes, and sci-fi. Adult Swim, MTV, Comedy Central and Discovery Channel.

Music: Rock, Hip/Hop, Rap, Christian, Techno, Beat, and Punk.
Welcome aboard! Sorry it took me so long to say so but I've been busy busy. There's always something to do in the summertime.
Rogee

Post by Rogee »

Hi everyone. I'm a 29 year old guy from Milwaukee, and I own a Saturn with a Netlink. I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to introduce myself.

I kind of bypassed the Saturn in the 90s. My friends were more into N64 at the time. But in college I bought a Dreamcast, which sparked my interest in the ol' Saturn. So I bought one used along with Saturn Bomberman. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Saturn Bomberman became an obsession for my four college roommates and I. We would play five-person, five-win matches almost every single night, playing the soccer level of course. Those were the days. :)

I collected Saturn hardware and software for a while. I even have the Daytona Netlink version that I bought from Sega Parts for like $20. 8)

Anyway, I don't have a landline, so I won't be playing with the Netlink anytime soon. But this seems like a cool message board, and I love how you guys are all playing older games.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome, Rogee!

I just want to make this known: I envy you. Both for the games that you've listed and the fact that you got to play large group games of Bomberman.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

My Name: Tobi
Where do I live? Germany, Hessen
What do I play? Dreamcast, Shenmue 1+2
Whats wrong with my Saturn? It broke...
Why did it break? Ill never try to modify my Saturn again
What do i desire most? A new NTSC Saturn...
Oh I forgot to get a Netlink.... :cry:

c ya
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

Hello all! Yet another new member... glad to be here.
I figured I may as well join, more as a precaution than anything else. I bought a Saturn a few years ago, and my collection of games is as follows:
- Darius Gaiden.
- Virtua Racing.
- Daytona USA.
- Clockwork Knights 2.
- Virtua Fighter 2.
- Virtua Cop.
- NiGHTS into Dreams (game for which the console was bought).
Yeah, pitifully small. And, as yet, my accessory collection consists of a first-gen controller (the crappy one that came with the initial NA release) and a 3D Control Pad (essential for playing NiGHTS).
I intend for this to change. On the horizon for me are:
- Saturn Bomberman.
- Sega Rally.
- Saturn Composite AV Cable.
- Stunner Light Gun (for Virtua Cop).
- Saturn Mouse.
- Saturn Keyboard.
- NetLink Adapter.
It'll be awhile yet before I'm able to get these, but hopefully within the next few months I'll have a few of these items. I've been fascinated with the NetLink for years, ever since I ran across an add in a gaming magazine way back when... of course, I didn't have a Saturn then, so I could only stare in wonder and hope to have it someday.
Imagine my surprise to learn these things still work!
Anyway, I'm very excited to have joined this community, if not yet as a fellow NetLinker.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

You should check amazon...I was looking earlier today and you can get a Netlink for around $10 shipped. I'm pretty sure they were loose...but I thought about buying another one just because they're so inexpensive. I've got this sick hoarding disease when it comes to Sega stuff...especially Saturn/Netlink stuff. :P

Welcome to the boards! I hope you stick around and bring some conversation with you!
Game collection on my site.
Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out. By the way, I've watched your videos on YouTube... Saturn AND LaserDisc stuff? My kinda guy.
I'm a bit pissed, I got an LD copy of The Last Starfighter and only one side will play correctly...
Anyway! As I said, glad to be here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Auto-Fox wrote:I got an LD copy of The Last Starfighter
AWESOME!!!

Too bad that it doesn't work properly, though. :( I need to buy it on DVD, because I don't trust the VHS copy I got from my uncle to last much longer.

Welcome to the site!

I have a relatively small Saturn collection as well (at least compared to the others on this forum), but I do think it's a very interesting system. Once things return to normal after the holidays, I should be available to pay more attention to my classic gaming projects.
JerryTerrifying

Yeah Warp check out my LD collection. :D The Last Starfighter is an amazing movie!

And Fox I've got a copy of Little Nemo the Dream Maser on LD and there's a good ten minute portion that's unplayable...really sucks. I know your pain.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
EliteKiller234

Post by EliteKiller234 »

sanila wrote:Hello everyone.It was nice meeting you all here.I want to welcome you all.My name is Sanila and I'm from Folsom.I found this site very informative and interesting.
Welcome to the boards! Enjoy your stay! We would love to hear more from you. For example, what type of games you play or genre?
Last edited by EliteKiller234 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A true gamer plays all!
JerryTerrifying

Pretty sure that's another bot. Looks like it anyway.
Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

...bot... or painfully n00bish n00b.
Well, on the off chance that you ARE indeed human, welcome to the forums!