Introduce Yourself!!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the site!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

Hi there,
I'm a long time SEGA fan who's 26 and living in Hamilton Ontario Canada. I'm probably not the most elite skilled gamer but I have years of experience under my belt and I'm no slouch so I hope that I can get a chance to play against some of you sometime soon.

My only experience with Netlink so far is from when I was about 15 I convinced some random parents in my local K-Mart, who were dithering over what system to buy their son, to pick the Saturn over the Playstation because it could go online. lol I hope they didn't regret that choice because as much as I love my Saturn, obviously more people loved Playstation.

My first real taste of online console gaming came around 2000 when I got my Dreamcast and I used to have hours of fun playing games like Chu Chu Rocket with my friends vs people from who knows where. Unfortunately that was back before I left for university and in this age of cell phones I don't have a landline anymore to be able to play that OR Netlink.

Until then, I hope to build a network of people I can call upon to play against when I do manage to get that netlink and that landline (or at least over to a friend's who has a landline). And in the meantime, I can't think of a more dedicated group with whom I can nerd out about SEGA with.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Awesome! A new friend in Hamilton!

Welcome to the forums!

I want to write more right now, but I have to leave for the moment... bbl.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

Warp2063 wrote:Awesome! A new friend in Hamilton!

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks Warp, I checked your profile and it says you're from Rochester eh? Unfortunately everything I know about Rochester comes from your FOX affiliate which broadcasts to the town I grew up in. Does Jim the Hammer Shapiro still treat law like pro wrestling? I always imagined he wore a mexican wrestling mask in court. "I may be an SOB but I'm your SOB" lol classic
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hi Kat. Welcome. Im from Buffalo and Im glad youre not getting an NHL franchise :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

katsujinken wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks Warp, I checked your profile and it says you're from Rochester eh? Unfortunately everything I know about Rochester comes from your FOX affiliate which broadcasts to the town I grew up in. Does Jim the Hammer Shapiro still treat law like pro wrestling? I always imagined he wore a mexican wrestling mask in court. "I may be an SOB but I'm your SOB" lol classic
XD

I haven't seen a commercial for him for a long time. No idea what's happened with him.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

xDerekRx wrote:Hi Kat. Welcome. Im from Buffalo and Im glad youre not getting an NHL franchise :)
Pff don't worry about it, we don't even have a varsity hockey team at our local university despite it being one of the top post secondary institutes in the country ..well depending on what one attends there for.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

Warp2063 wrote:
katsujinken wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

XD

I haven't seen a commercial for him for a long time. No idea what's happened with him.
Oh I'm sure where ever he is that he's doing just fine. Whoever slips right in front of a caution sign - he'll be there. Whenever someone drunkenly crosses the street on a red light - he'll be there. Whoever wants to retire young at the cost of jamming their arm in the ball retrival at a bowling alley - Jim Shapiro will be there. Just call 1-800-546-7777 and he'll get you all the money you deserve.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

since im directly between both of you, we should all meet at my place. :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

grolt

Post by grolt »

Haha, wow, a Jim Shapiro reference is the last thing I thought I'd see here. I used to get that Rochester affiliate, too. Still do. I definitely remember that commercial, puzzlingly more than virtually every other commercial from my childhood.

I SUE DRUNKS!
That's fly.
EliteKiller234

Post by EliteKiller234 »

Name: Zachariah

About Me: I'm eight-teen years old, I wear glasses, and have brown hair/eyes. I stand six feet; my shoe size is eleven.

Hometown: Pennsylvania

Schools: Western Pennsylvania Cyber Charter

Movies and Shows: Action, scary, mysterious, humor, funny, stupid, sexual themes, and sci-fi. Adult Swim, MTV, Comedy Central and Discovery Channel.

Music: Rock, Hip/Hop, Rap, Christian, Techno, Beat, and Punk.
A true gamer plays all!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Welcome to the forums! Do you have a netlink and what games do you have? I'm dying to get in some Bomberman games!
Game collection on my site.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

EliteKiller234 wrote:Name:

Movies and Shows: sexual themes
Welcome to the board!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the boards!

What are your gaming [system] interests, as that's kind of a big thing here? =P
EliteKiller234

Post by EliteKiller234 »

To JerryTerrifying: My profile should answer that question for you. ^,^v
Warp2063 wrote:Welcome to the boards!

What are your gaming [system] interests, as that's kind of a big thing here? =P
Thank you everyone for the welcome party! To answer your question Warp2063: My gaming interests are mainly warfare like Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Call of Duty, Delta Force, American Army etc. Then comes Real Time Strategy games like Red Alert, Warcraft, Battlezone, Age of Empires etc. Don't forgot about Role Playing Games either like Lunar: Silver Star Story, Skies of Arcadia, Diablo II, Phantasy Star Online, etc.
As for Game Systems I play a lot of Colecovision, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Gamecube, and PlayStation 1 & 2. I do have a Xbox 360, but I don't play it that much. The Classics is the stuff. =^D
A true gamer plays all!