Anyone up for a match of Duke 3D tommorow?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Selvis52

Anyone up for a match of Duke 3D tommorow?

Post by Selvis52 »

Anyone interested in playing duke in the next 1-3 days?
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Would love to play a match of duke. unfortunatly dont have my saturn setup and no phone line right now. im moving into my new house here shortly and i hope to have all that setup soon so i can play. ill post on here when that all gets straightened out.

On another note, id like to create an irc server and release a modified copy of planet web that will auto log you into an IRC chat channel when you dial up. should be possible. could have it dump you right into the netlink irc channel so you can find people online to play against. could use this channel for Genesis owners to find modem matches too.
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Well, I just got my Netlink and copy of Duke 3D and I'm not too sure if it will even work. I wanted to have a match to see if my current set-up is even compatible.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Can you connect to the internet with the browser?
If yes, that's enough to prove that you can use the dial up to play.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Rogue wrote:Can you connect to the internet with the browser?
If yes, that's enough to prove that you can use the dial up to play.
No, I get that "invalid username/ Password" error. Besides, I don't wanna really mess with that PlanetWeb anymore, as I have no desire to browse the web on my saturn. I just wanna play some games :wink:
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Oh BTW, I'll be available Today, Sunday and probably Monday.

So, if you wanna play message me.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

if you can get it to dial out on your phone line at all, it'll work....
the fact that you get an invalid user/pass means that its transmitting data and working. your good to go!

Wish i could play a game with you guys but im in no position right now.
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Whoa, I'm glad to hear that. I have a digital line, so I was expecting it to definitely not work.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Often the web browser will work over a digital phone line, but not the games. That's because the web browser doesn't care about delays in getting information. Games require very exact timings.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Try setting the game to wait and calling to your phone. Check if the Saturn will ring.

Between game sessions, I often call from the Saturn to my cellphone or from my cellphone to the Saturn.
The NetLink is not so reliable like the Backup Cartridge regarding the cartridge slot.
The NetLink failed a couple of times (just unplug it and plug it again), the Backup Cartridge never failed with me.

Edit: unplug it with the Saturn turned off please!=P
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Ok, well is anyone here up for a match? :lol:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Rogue wrote:Try setting the game to wait and calling to your phone. Check if the Saturn will ring.
That test makes sure that the modem is working, but will not test to see if you can play a game over your connection. :/
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Yeah, I don't have a Cellphone to call it anyway. I'd like to try dialing someone though, so I can get a definite answer.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Selvis52 wrote:Whoa, I'm glad to hear that. I have a digital line, so I was expecting it to definitely not work.
oh....:( digital lines dont work...

but you can try it. cant hurt. very very rare occasions it has worked. but its very slim chance though.
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Yeah, I'd still like to give it a try.

So, if anyone wants to play just message me :D