Saturnleague Web browser

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
alpha&omega

Post by alpha&omega »

rush6432, I sent you the files via email.
Got Netlink?
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Alright i got the files :) thanks. ill work on it after i finish my finals tuesday.

In the mean time if someone wants to create a saturnleague LOGO or splash screen ill throw it in so we make this community related for all of us. ill also dig through and see what else we can change to make it nicer.

Id theoretically like to get a netlink city working again but make it a saturn league city.

EDIT: got the 4.0 browser working fine :)

Id like to start making a new page that auto loads once connected that has the saturn league city. i need some ideas here for the other sections. i figure one will be search, the other is Saturn league chat, and i need a few other ideas. The sky is the limit here for this stuff but keep it related to stuff we'll actually find usefull. the idea is to create a community similar to the netlink city but NEWer :)

The new browser works great and i can change any and all graphics, so if anyone has any ideas or wants to work with me on this let me know. Sounds are also supported during irc chat as well and i can add sounds to the browser that can be useable during IRC sessions :)

I do have a server here i can use to host an IRC server on for saturnleague :)

If anyone is a graphics artist and wants to help create a saturnleague city let me know.
alpha&omega

Post by alpha&omega »

You should make a new section for sharing game-save files. I know with the Netlink Browser users could upload/download game-save files to/from the Planetweb.com dedicated servers. It would send the file to your email, which was where you actually downloaded it from. Could you modify the browser code to access your server and allow uploading/downloading of Saturn game save-files?

And here's some info about save-files using Netlink that I found at http://guidesat.free.fr/logiciels/doc-n ... ctlink.txt :

Q. How do I send (or backup on the net) a save game using my Netlink?

A. Thanks to A Murder of Crows, I now have a pretty good description of how to do this... "Memory File Downloading: i have done this, and it isn't easy. you need to setup a POP3 email addy inside the browser settings, go online, find your save, send it to the email addy and have the netlink check your email. the file format will be recognized automatically, and you will see the new save game in your memory. to send, i assume all you need to do is compose an email and send an attachment."
Last edited by alpha&omega on Thu May 12, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got Netlink?
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Did know that was possible. ill have to try and see if i can get it working. i need to replace the battery backup in my saturn anyway.
Overkill

Re: Saturnleague Web browser

Post by Overkill »

Has anyone released an ISO yet?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Overkill wrote:Has anyone released an ISO yet?
Of what? A Saturn League web browser? No. No one's taken on the project.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

No, of the 4.035 Golden version.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yes. It's totally around.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D