Saturnleague Web browser

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
rush6432

Saturnleague Web browser

Post by rush6432 »

What would you guys think of a custom browers build of planet web that auto logged into an IRC channel to find players and had information on how to setup and connect to the internet using a few of the free ISPs??
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Are you saying, to work on a Saturn?
And, there's not really a need for information on how to connect if the players are connected already.
Or this auto log you say is another thing?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

It would be a modified version 3.0 browser with all the updated info to connect to say netzero or juno for free and also once connected it will take you directly to an IRC channel that COULD be the designated meetup place for saturn netlinkers and sega genesis mega modem owners to find opponents.

Its a rather simple setup but obviously requires you to do the swap trick to run it or have a modded saturn so you can run backups as the disc will obviously be a CDR with the modified and updated browser burned on to it.

IF i can find the planet web 4.0 update for saturn that was available as a download only a long time ago ill try to include that too in the update. it basically allows SSL on the browser. Basically allows you to have secure connections to buy things online if you want to (ebay, amazon)
alpha&omega

Post by alpha&omega »

I think I may have the file for the 4.0 webrowser on one of my old hard drives. I'll let you know if I find it.
Got Netlink?
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

alpha&omega wrote:I think I may have the file for the 4.0 webrowser on one of my old hard drives. I'll let you know if I find it.
Cool let me know.
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

I have the files for the 4.0. Who needs them?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Me.
But why don't you upload them somewhere and post the link here?
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Rogue wrote:Me.
It might be corrupted anyway. It's showing as zero bytes. That can't be right, can it?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Overkill wrote:
It might be corrupted anyway. It's showing as zero bytes. That can't be right, can it?
Oh, I have those too. It's not corrupted. I believe that's just something like a script to the PlanetWeb start the update process.
Afte that it download the real files, install, and restart.
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Rogue wrote:
Overkill wrote:
Oh, I have those too. It's not corrupted. I believe that's just something like a script to the PlanetWeb start the update process.
What do you think the odds are that Ken Soohoo has the code?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Overkill wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Overkill wrote: It might be corrupted anyway. It's showing as zero bytes. That can't be right, can it?
What do you think the odds are that Ken Soohoo has the code?
Sorry, who?

Also, I'll confirm the update possibilities in another site I've found in my favorites folder.
alpha&omega

Post by alpha&omega »

I've found the file on my hard drive.

It's Netlink4035 T01 Mode1 2048.iso and is 5982KB.

CUE file 1KB

Audio file .92MB

PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Got Netlink?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Oh, I've found all the files. From almost all the versions.

I'm just without time to upload and try them. I'll try in the weekend. =D
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

nice, send the files my way. im looking to make a custom version of the web browser and release an ISO to burn that allows easy access to a custom version of the netlink city thats more taylored twords saturnleague and finding matches and such. Maybe make it useable again somewhat.
should make for an easy setup that would allow some of us to get online with our saturns and have a chat and setup some games like the good old days.

Maybe we can have one night a month where we meet up to chat on irc and play some games. since juno dialup allows 10 hours free a month to get online i dont think this would be a bad idea :)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I doubt I'll end up using them for anything, but I'd kinda like a copy of the files too...