Cost of Playing on the Netlink

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Cost of Playing on the Netlink

Post by Warp2063 »

NWA wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:I've never played long enough for it to lag... but I haven't had these startup problems you're talking about, either. My Saturns require me to plug the NetLink in at a very specific angle, though. It has to sit at a slight angle in the socket to work properly.
both my saturns start up the netlink with ease, i just shove it in there and move it left to right twice just to make sure its in there good
If I don't make the adjustment I mentioned, all of my Saturns will appear to recognize the NetLink up until the point when the NetLink actually tries to dial. Then it fails. As I said, it's likely the fault of that particular NetLink unit.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

you may be right because last time i tried my netlink Haut D. Forme tried to dial me seven times and they all failed!
Better run home to momma now!
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

Funny you mention that guys because when I tested the NetLink today at first it said there was a problem with the adapter so I removed it and inserted it again and it worked fine. I'm going to leave it my system until I play import games and then swap out the NetLink for the Action Replay Plus cart. Going to be fun lol.
NWA

Post by NWA »

dude did u hear a clicking noise when u connected? mine always does that when i connect direct dial to someone
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

Once the modem dialed out to my ISP it clicked to dial. Very funny getting that up and running. I can't believe how slow it is online. Hard to believe we used to cruise the net at these speeds. I gave up trying to load my email because I have over 15,000 messages in that email and it was taking forever to load.c I'll try again tomorrow because I really want to check the email interface. I'm also thinking of picking up the second and third browser PlanetWeb released to show the improvements like HTML 2.0 compatibility lol. Must have been really something back then, but today virtually no sites are compatible lol.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

The click is normal. That's the sound of the modem connecting to the phone line.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

Duke Nukem arrived today, so I'll let you guys know when I'm ready for you to kick my butt and to enjoy a little online co-op. Should be sometime later today or tomorrow depending on when the mrs gets home.
NWA

Post by NWA »

Rockman1974 wrote:Duke Nukem arrived today, so I'll let you guys know when I'm ready for you to kick my butt and to enjoy a little online co-op. Should be sometime later today or tomorrow depending on when the mrs gets home.
awesome!!!!! watchin ur how to cennect online with netlink vid! im about to connect my self! :mrgreen:
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

I'll have time tomorrow for some matches or co-op or whatever. Let me know what time you'll be free so I'll be sure to block off the time. Also, you cool with me recording it? I'll give you full credit in the vid naturally.
NWA

Post by NWA »

ya i got no prob if u dont mind u can add my youtube name in josephskater1994, even though i get no views id like it lol
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

That works for me. Don't forget to tell me when you're free tomorrow so we can do this thing!
NWA

Post by NWA »

i actually might not even go in to school tommorow, i have to go pick up that model 1 saturn and have to go pick up another model 2 saturn cib that i just got for 30 dollars!!! :mrgreen:
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

Very nice stuff. Excellent finds actually.
NWA

Post by NWA »

it finally pays off going on kijiji and typing in "sega" everyday i get home from school
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

Now if only you could get something like Daytona CCE NetLink Edition for $5 or so ;)