Anyone know where to get web browser 3.0 or 4.0?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
NWA

Anyone know where to get web browser 3.0 or 4.0?

Post by NWA »

hey all i have a problem i dont really like burning games but i've been looking for these browsers for netlink online and can't findem' ANYWHERE. So if someone knows can you please send me a link to a website that has these browsers!!!
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Anyone know where to get web browser 3.0 or 4.0?

Post by Warp2063 »

There isn't a disc for 4.0; it was a temporary downloaded upgrade. The only site I knew of that hosted the upgrade went down several years ago. I heard stories of people making their own upgrade disk from the 4.0 patch somehow, but I never saw a successful one myself. 3.0 was the last to come out in disc format, so you *might* be able to find it on the internet... still, it would technically be considered talking about piracy to talk about actual locations to find ISOs on the forums. If there exists another browser update page like the one that was lost, that would be fine to talk about.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Re: Anyone know where to get web browser 3.0 or 4.0?

Post by Rogue »

The 3.0 is the version available in the NetLink game pack.
The 4.0 is download only. But people used to change the image files and burn their "custom" version. It's just that, change the files and save with the same name.

Each version is aproximately 400 KB in size, and all the versions use some files in the disc, for obvious reasons, right? (if you can use some files available, why put people to download them again at 28.8Kbps)
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D