r there any netlink irc chatrooms?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
NWA

r there any netlink irc chatrooms?

Post by NWA »

r there any irc's meant for netlinkers that still work? i was wondering cuz i thought it would b convienient to find netlinkers through my netlink the old fashioned way that we could all use. wouldn't that be cool? ^-^
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: r there any netlink irc chatrooms?

Post by Warp2063 »

I have no idea. If any existed/still exist, I doubt they're very active now. You'd probably have better luck creating a new one, but I don't know how active it'd be. I suspect it's more sites like this these days - most of the interested crowd probably has jobs or are otherwise busy, so a non-realtime communication system such as a forum is more convenient. Not everyone has tons of free time to just hang out on an IRC channel. With a forum, you can read the posts from days past, even if you weren't available at the time the posts were written.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

true,true..... i wonder what the original #sega irc looked like though. i'll probably make one just for the hell of it though. it'll be cool to test out over my Net Link.
Better run home to momma now!
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

The original #netlink1 chat rooms will look exactly how any IRC chatroom will look now if you connect on a Version 2 browser. I wouldn't recommend that, it was almost unusable when the 3.0 came out.