NetLink Wiki Page

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Overkill

NetLink Wiki Page

Post by Overkill »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_NetLink

This page sucks. I saw we update it. Who's with me?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: NetLink Wiki Page

Post by Warp2063 »

With what? If you try to make Wiki articles too creative or too based on your own beliefs, they get changed back. Really, for something like the NetLink, this isn't bad.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

With something more accurate. It's blending in the Japanese and North American versions, it doesn't have Japan-only NetLink games. The actual device is called "Net Link" and not NetLink." It doesn't talk about the browser versions, doesn't describe the experience, and thinks that the Net Link Zone only connected to IRC, it mentions Concentric but not WebBullet. Planetweb doesn't even have a page which makes no sense. The NetLink page sucks because it's confusing, inaccurate, and doesn't speak to the experience whatsoever. And Planetweb seriously needs a page.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

*shrugs* I still don't think it's that bad. If you want to do the research and cite your sources for Wikipedia, you're more than welcome to.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I really believe that the name is NetLink and not Net Link...
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Rogue wrote:I really believe that the name is NetLink and not Net Link...
I agree. All of the stylized logos are written that way. I don't have a manual with me here at school to see how it's written out inside, though.
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Warp2063 wrote:
Rogue wrote:I really believe that the name is NetLink and not Net Link...
I agree. All of the stylized logos are written that way. I don't have a manual with me here at school to see how it's written out inside, though.
If you look at the manual, any press release, or official documentation from Sega you'll see that it's notated as "Net Link," which is the official name of the product. I still write "NetLink" as an an homage to the stylized logo, but it's two words, not one. Besides, back in the day Sega told us. :)

A quick Google search produces a PDF of the manual for the mouse.
http://www.gametronik.com/site/rubrique ... 0Mouse.pdf

And a CNET news article:
http://news.cnet.com/Sega-catapults-to- ... 39291.html