Looking for netlink match

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
prettyDAN

Looking for netlink match

Post by prettyDAN »

Hello all!

I'm a bit new to posting on a message board so please excuse me if I sound a bit "noob-ish".
Just recently brought myself a Saturn Netlink and mainly want to try it out to see if it works for me.

The only game I have currently is Saturn Bomberman, but I'm hoping to find the other three games for it as well.

So if anyone interested in match, please let me know.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Looking for netlink match

Post by Warp2063 »

There are five NetLink-enabled games in all.

Sega Rally Championship - NetLink Edition
Virtual On - NetLink Edition
Daytona USA CCE - NetLink Edition
Saturn Bomberman
Duke Nukem 3D

Daytona is by far the most rare and expensive. I'd call Bomberman the second most rare, so you're lucky to own it.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
prettyDAN

Post by prettyDAN »

Tell me about it. I think you would be lucky to find any of these games at a decent price. The only exception being Duke Nukem 3D since I seen them on ebay from $30 to $40.

I been looking for Virtual On and Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition, but so far they are pricey as well. Guess they made a small number of Daytona for Netlink then. I figured that you have to be super-lucky to own one.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

The big problem with Daytona was the only way to get it was to order it directly from SEGA with a credit card. Very few were sold because of this. If you just wanted to play the single-player game, it was (and still is) much easier to get one of the single-player versions.

It's a shame that Sega Rally and Virtual On have gone up so much in price... they were really cheap when I grabbed them back in 2008 and 2009. I got Duke for $20 or $30 a few years back. I'd like a copy of Saturn Bomberman, but the cheapest I found them back in '08 was $80, and they've only gotten worse. Ah, well.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
prettyDAN

Post by prettyDAN »

I'll eventually find Sega Rally and Virtual On when the time is right. I'm not one to give up too easily.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Good luck! I rather like Sega Rally. Daytona too, for that matter. I'm sure I would enjoy Bomberman. =P
prettyDAN

Post by prettyDAN »

My advice is to keep a steady look out for it.
Eventually there would be an ebay or amazon seller that would sale the game at a more reasonable price, or likely you might come across it while searching at a store that sell older games.

I heard Sega Rally is a fun game to play so I'll be sure to try it out when I come across it. :D
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hey there!

Welcome! It's always nice to see new people join!

When you get Sega Rally, Virtual-On or Duke Nukem ready, feel free to contact me for a match! I can make the call with no problem.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
prettyDAN

Post by prettyDAN »

Will do!

Hopefully I'll have another game coming in at the end of this week. That way I can have more than one game to try it out on.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Oh wow, I got amazing steals on all the netlink games apparently. Manji hooked me up with Saturn Bomberman for $30, got Duke Nukem 3D on amazon for $15, Virtual On I picked up on ebay for $4.95 shipped and still in the shrink wrap ( It was listed as a Playstation game so I gambled and won, hey it was only $5! ) and I bought a complete boxed Netlink for a friend that came with Sega Rally for $20 and they paid for the item and shipping but let me keep Sega Rally for my troubles. I guess timing and luck are everything.

I hope all my videos and articles about the Netlink aren't responsible for driving the prices up. I want to spread awareness not raise prices. I know my videos have gotten a few people to come here and buy up some Netlink goodies. :D
Game collection on my site.
prettyDAN

Post by prettyDAN »

That's a lot of sweet deals on your Netlink game collection. :D
I had to pay $50 for my copy of Saturn Bomberman. Timing and staying alert was how I manage to get most of the games I have. I'm hoping on getting a complete collection of Netlink games myself, or at least most of them.

Again, thanks for the great Bomberman matches last night. We had a shaky start getting it to run at first, but we manage to have fun time once the game starts going.
JerryTerrifying

No problem man. I had a great time! Look forward to more Netlink matches in the future.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Glad you got your matches!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

That's cool!
I've had some troubles at the start too. But it's always worth it!
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
JerryTerrifying