PlanetWeb browser

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Xranger60
Site Admin

PlanetWeb browser

Post by Xranger60 »

Want to know your thoughts on this. I'm thinking it's almost time to write a guide for the PlanetWeb browser detailing its features and how it operates. But have any of you gone online with the PlanetWeb browser on NetLink recently? I used to love how I could check my pop3 email right on my Saturn. Best part is- It will still work.

If you haven't used the Saturn browser, how about the DC one? What browser did you use, Dreamkey or PlanetWeb, and in your opinion, which one was better?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

I'm still trying to find a planetweb one, it's bloddy h3ll, it's even hard for me to find a torrent of one. :?
SEGA - Now With 20% More SONIC!!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I'm pretty sure that you can find a planetweb browser from time to time on Ebay.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

I have used the saturn browser a couple of times, but only really to mess about with it to see what it was like, I have version 2.0 I think, is there anything much different in V3.0?

If I ever have problems with my PC connection I usually end up using planetweb 3.0 for Dreamcast, as it supports the BBA as well as a few other things that the other browsers do not support. Planetweb 3.0 for the DC is the most advanced browser but does tend to be a little unstable, often freezes up and requires a restart after 15-20 mins of use, which is why many people don't use it and opt for planetweb 2.0 or Dreamkey 3.0 instead. Of course there is always the Japanese Dreampassport browsers as well, which support the BBA, from what I can gather the Dreampassport browsers are much the same as European Dreamkey broswers, except for the fact they are in Japanese and support the BBA.

The homemade compilation, XDP is a pretty good option, it incorporates both Dreampassport which has been translated into english and Planetweb 2.0 onto one disc....many people use this now.

Cheers, Craig
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)