Telephone line busy?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Facemeat

Telephone line busy?

Post by Facemeat »

Hello everyone, I just received my Netlink today, and it's already proving to be a headache. First, my Saturn wouldn't even recognize the modem, now I'm finally able to dial, but it consistently tells me that I can't connect due to a busy telephone line, even though my phone isn't in use while I try to connect. This dial-up setup works perfectly with my old Jornada Pocket PC, so what could be the problem?

I'm also wondering if the DNS address could be an issue, because I just left it on the default DNS due to the fact that the free dial-up service I'm using does not provide you with a DNS address. So, what should I enter there? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
NWA

Re: Telephone line busy?

Post by NWA »

best vote is dont connect it to dial up, just use it to play games online. Trust me, you cant do anything but access afew sites and thats it. Its A realll let down. If you didnt know you dont need it connected to the internet to play online its direct dial :D
Better run home to momma now!
Facemeat

Post by Facemeat »

Yeah, I suppose you're right...I'm just hoping it doesn't have this dialing problem when I try to direct dial. Oh well, I guess I'll be able to find out tomorrow when DN3D arrives (assuming I can find a match).
NWA

Post by NWA »

Well amigo, you just found one! Im up all day tommorow and all month!
NWA

Post by NWA »

I decided to tell you all I did to get it hooked up online:

I put in my user log in ex: b1ggg78

Passcode ex: g45dax98

I left the DNS alone and didnt touch it

Put in my area code: 819

Then the ISP Phone

And have it on tone dial.

so you might need to change that to blind dial or dial area code, try both cuz trial and error never hurts!!
Facemeat

Post by Facemeat »

Thanks for all the help, and I'll definitely take you up on that match! I got it working; I didn't realize you had to add a 1 to the access number (I just figured it would dial the 1 automatically seeing as how it has a box with a 1 in it that says "long distance").
NWA

Post by NWA »

np i was dying for a match!! If it doesnt work the first few tries whenever we try to play its typical and is nothing to worrie about you just have to keep trying :D
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I remember the first time I've tryed.
It's kind of easy, you just call to the ISP telephone number to listen to that fax noises. You really just need to make sure the Saturn is making the same call. (dialing the same number)
And to try the Saturn modem, call to your house with you cellphone or whatever and wait for the modem to pickup.
You can also dial your cellphone number from the Saturn. Using any game or browser. Works the same way.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NWA

Post by NWA »

cool!
NWA

Post by NWA »

Facemeat wrote:Yeah, I suppose you're right...I'm just hoping it doesn't have this dialing problem when I try to direct dial. Oh well, I guess I'll be able to find out tomorrow when DN3D arrives (assuming I can find a match).
Did it show up today (guessin' not) shipping is typically late :?