Problems establishing a connection over virtual on

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
NWA

Problems establishing a connection over virtual on

Post by NWA »

Hey everyone!,

So I just wanted to tell everyone what happened last night over netlinking with a friend:

we went to play virtual on and managed to connect up to the point where the NOW LOADING screen appears but it would never continue to work after that. we tried seven times and they all failed!

Does anyone know why?? I dont have didgital and neither does he, and most of the time when we play we lag abit but after afew minutes it runs smooth, so idk y it didnt work :(

My guess is because I have the phone line in the kitchen and I have to run the netlink phone cord and then snap it into an extension phone cord to reach to the kitchen, and the extension is causing the problems.

I also have a DSL Filter in my jack so stuff like my modem doesnt interfear :mrgreen:
Better run home to momma now!
Rogue

Re: Problems establishing a connection over virtual on

Post by Rogue »

For me, the Net Link only works disconnecting the ADSL modem.
I really don't bother insisting. There is noise, it interferes.
Actually, if you listen carefully, the noise is still there with the filter on. If you don't know how is the ADSL modem noises, try listening just after connecting it. It makes more noises when "dialing".

If unplugging will surely allow a nice connection, why bother...
The Internet can't be turned off a few minutes?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NWA

Re: Problems establishing a connection over virtual on

Post by NWA »

No it cant lol, my brother plays xbox 360 from 7 am to 2 am and one spot of lag he freaks out, so I just dont bother even trying :( I am using a local unsecured connection to write this because he complains when I'm using our internet.
Better run home to momma now!