Reverse or Straight Phone Line Cord?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
grisommm

Reverse or Straight Phone Line Cord?

Post by grisommm »

Does anyone know what type of telephone cord is needed for the Netlink? i.e. "Straight" or "Reversed"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2DQfCLqFo

Just got two netlinks for my two Saturns! Phone line simulator is in the mail to me and I just need the correct phone cables :mrgreen:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Reverse or Straight Phone Line Cord?

Post by Warp2063 »

Whatever they sell in stores normally. I don't know what type that is. The NetLink doesn't use any special cables.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

It's old technology. I think the term was "old quad"?

And if I'm correct, voice is for "reversed" and data for "straight". So it shoulkd be the reversed, because the modem just makes a "call" and the other one "pick it up".

These different patterns are for some new technology that allow your phone to use more than one line, just like a cell phone, right?

Forget about other plugs with more wires. It's the RJ11. And works even if you use just two wires, in any order. The telephones don't care. The circuit just need to be closed. It's really like a lamp.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
grisommm

Post by grisommm »

Thanks for all the info, was unsure. Sadly, I can't seem to locate anyone selling rj11's. But I have several old rj12's laying around and some of them are reversed, while others are straight through. Just didn't want to blow up the phone simulator or my netlinks. I'm new here by the way, just realized I've got an analog long distance connected lan line too. :)
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

So, is your land line simulator working?
I remember that someone posted a video, in Digital Press I believe, playing through a simulator.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D