Is anyone out there?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
BrAlZy

Is anyone out there?

Post by BrAlZy »

I am new to this community. I am also in the process of getting a Sega Saturn, a NetLink modem, and a copy of Duke Nukem. I expect to have all in 2-4 weeks. However, I hope people are still out there willing to play with me. I have unlimited long-distance calling so I can dial in to you. I'll keep you all updated once I get my setup so hopefully we can play!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Is anyone out there?

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome! We're out there, for sure! =P

The problem is that the people who both have access to their equipment and still have access to an analog phone line are few these days. Digital phone lines with unlimited calling are common, but unfortunately rarely work well with the NetLink technology. When I lived at home, I had access to an analog phone line, but long-distance calls were expensive. A month before I left, my father switched over to digital because it's cheaper, and I moved across the US and don't have my Saturn stuff out here.

Good luck on finding a match! There are a few of us here, though, who still have everything they need handy!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
BrAlZy

Post by BrAlZy »

Warp2063 wrote:Welcome! We're out there, for sure! =P

The problem is that the people who both have access to their equipment and still have access to an analog phone line are few these days. Digital phone lines with unlimited calling are common, but unfortunately rarely work well with the NetLink technology. When I lived at home, I had access to an analog phone line, but long-distance calls were expensive. A month before I left, my father switched over to digital because it's cheaper, and I moved across the US and don't have my Saturn stuff out here.

Good luck on finding a match! There are a few of us here, though, who still have everything they need handy!
That's good to hear! When I discovered I had an analog phone line and free long-distance calls, Sega Saturn NetLink was something I had to do. I've always wanted a Saturn and now this is another reason. Thankfully, I scored a Sega Saturn for pretty cheap and will be receiving it sometime next week. I am glad to hear that there are people still here because sadly, this community seems partially vacant... :(
Last edited by BrAlZy on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It's true that these forums aren't all that active. I'm sure the fact that the number of people who have everything that they need to play is dwindling is one reason. Another would probably be that there are only five NetLink games compatible with the US version, so playing those few over and over again... well, it's a thing. Still, I admire your enthusiasm, and again, I hope you find your matchups! I can't do much at the moment, myself, though I *did* find a Saturn for sale at a local game store. Not sure whether I want to purchase a fourth system and all the stuff I'd need again, though. I'll probably just wait until I can get another batch of stuff from out east.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hi!!!!!

Yes we are here and eager to play!
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Sonic_Ecco

Post by Sonic_Ecco »

Some of my relatives have analog lines. When I go to their place next am going to bring my Saturn, Net Link, Rally Plus, Virtual On, Duke and Bomberman. Other than that I use a phone line simulator and play with another person in my house.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Its great to see people are still joining with analog connections. I miss being able to play so much. It sucks digital phone lines dont work well with the netlink or I bet we would have at least a dozen more active people.

Sonic Ecco Im extremely interested in getting some matches in again, PM me your email/details so we can stay in contact.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

i have sega rally and virtual on. how do i direct dial matchup?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Austin Peyton wrote:i have sega rally and virtual on. how do i direct dial matchup?
Do you have the regular versions or the NetLink versions? It's a critical distinction.

Basically, you need the game, the NetLink modem, an analog (not digital) phone line, and, if you're the one doing the dialing, the phone number of your opponent. It's pretty easy in concept, but it's getting harder and harder to find those who meet the "analog phone line" requirement.

Oh, and welcome!
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

I recieved all the hardware and software. just need someone to play netlink. I have virtual on and sega rally netlink editions.
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

Cool to netlink on weekends.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I wouldn't mind playing Sega Rally... if my systems and games weren't thousands of miles away and if I had an analog phone line.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hey!
Are you free next weekend?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

absolutely. i have my sega saturn all set up. I got my sega rally, virtual on, and the modem / analog phone line.
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

hello guests