Netlink-Friendly Web Hosts

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
mcfoxx

Netlink-Friendly Web Hosts

Post by mcfoxx »

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a web host that will load web pages / fan sites without issue on the Netlink. I have tried a few where my pages load just fine on the Dreamcast Browser or PC Borwser, but get a multitude of errors (not found, html, etc) when trying to view them on the Netlink.

I am using the Planetweb 2.0 Browser for the Netlink.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Netlink-Friendly Web Hosts

Post by Warp2063 »

The big issue with the Saturn's browser is it is just *ages* behind the Dreamcast's. The internet was evolving rapidly in the nineties, and 1996 vs 1999 is a pretty big gap. Plus, the Saturn is far less capable. :(
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
mcfoxx

Post by mcfoxx »

Thanks for the response Warp2063. There are quite a few websites I found that still load ok on the Saturn, just not my own. I wonder if there is a way to find out who is hosting those pages that work.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Generally, the closer to plain old HTML 1.0 the site is, the more likely it will work. If you can obtain newer revisions of the PlanetWeb browser, that might help too.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
mcfoxx

Post by mcfoxx »

Update: Just as Warp2063 predicted, I got version 3.0 of the browser off of eBay and it worked like a charm. My test pages loaded just fine using the same host(s).
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Glad to hear it! :)