Which offline DC game do you wish were brought back?

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
grolt

Which offline DC game do you wish were brought back?

Post by grolt »

Daytona USA.

That was a game I never got to play, despite my love for the original two incarnations on the Saturn, and the totally superior Daytona 2 in the arcades. I always meant to get it, taking for granted that the Seganet server would always be around. I'd love to cruise through that game with some friends.

I'd vote Chu Chu Rocket if it weren't for those terrible lags between arrow placements. Still, that's an amazing game to play with friends at home.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Hmmm. now as a DC online fan that is a very very tough question...some most of the games I never got to experience online so that makes it even harder, but from the games I have experienced offline, I would have to say it's between 4:

Worms world Party
Chu chu Rocket
Bomberman
PBA tour bowling

The only one of those 4 I have actually played online is PBA bowling...great little game online and I own the all time DC bowling record as far as anyone is aware anyway :) loved it and want it back.

Taking it down to two games..think it has to be either PBA bowling or worms world party..can't decide between those two :(

However, I want them all back, they all look brilliant

OOHH Forgot Planet ring!!!!

Oh dear...would love to have played that as well...it was an exclusive PAL online title with mic support...collection of 5 games or something I think it was...only worked online no offline play at all :(

Anyway, thats enough or ill go on all night..lol
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
grolt

Post by grolt »

I commonly read that Saturn Bomberman is so much more esteemed than the Dreamcast follow-up, why is that? From the sounds of it, the DC version should be great.
segadreamcaster

Most Bomberman fans believe that bomberman should stick with 2D and that is the main reason DC bomberman is 3D and many didnt like the idea :(

Can't really commnet myself as I have yet play DC bomberman but im pretty sure it would be great :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Nightmare a la DC

Post by Nightmare a la DC »

I never really got to play any of the games online, but I would love to see Worms World Party come back, and Ooga Booga would be very odd online but still pretty fun.
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
Zandengoff

Post by Zandengoff »

Propeller Arena

Before you jump on me, i know it wasn't released, but it would have been a hella fun to kick butt with 7 other people, with voice chat. :P
segadreamcaster

Zandengoff wrote:Propeller Arena

Before you jump on me, i know it wasn't released, but it would have been a hella fun to kick butt with 7 other people, with voice chat. :P
indeed, would have been a great online game...sadly not to be :(

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Overwatch

Post by Overwatch »

Alien Front Online and PSO. Ever since I bought AFO I've always wanted to play it online it just seems like a good game to play with strangers over in Japan.
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Outtrigger.

Online play that puts up to 6 people in an arena the size of a bathroom stall and has you all shoot it out. Talk about nuts, but it was great! :D And the small arena size meant you spent less time searching for an opponent and more time strafing between rocket fire, more time jumping from platform to platform with bullets streaming behind you, and more time playing a deadly game of bullet-tag with the opposing force.

Still to date, the fastest paced 1st/3rd person shooter I've ever played, and despite a little firing lag, it was quite an awesome experience online.
mjshopgames

Post by mjshopgames »

well i wish that all of the dreamcast games were back online!!!
XL2K5

Post by XL2K5 »

Unreal Tournament!
That's one of the best multiplayer games ever!
The DC version lags a lot, but playing on Dreamcast is much more fun than on a computer, in my opinion.
The best part is that it's possible to bring that game back online, unlike other games (well, it's really unlikely they come back online)
Games owned :
Duke Nukem 3D
Sega Rally Championship : NetLink Edition
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On : NetLink Edition
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I was also a fan of Quake 3 back when SegaNet wasn't just a memory. It wasn't anywhere as good as the PC version: Graphics were decent but lag was horrendous. But I still loved using the controller.

I think it would be great to see Bomberman back online. Bomberman Online was released in late 2001, towards the end of the Dreamcast's life span, and was short lived. At least now we have Bomberman Live.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Shenmaster777

Post by Shenmaster777 »

I'm sort of biased, being a huge Shenmue fan, and the fact that I never played online with any of the DC games on SEGA Net so I'm gonna have to stick with Shenmue. Network Ranking was a great thing when it was around and I would love owning some n00bs when it comes to my favorite game. :)