PSO campaign - Help get it back online! WRITE LETTERS NOW!

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
segadreamcaster

PSO campaign - Help get it back online! WRITE LETTERS NOW!

Post by segadreamcaster »

See the following post at onlinconsoles.com:

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/php ... 5155#65155
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
ImportBoy

Post by ImportBoy »

There is already private server software for PSO on the PC, Dreamcast, Gamecube. Blue Burst is a also supported, but hasn't been released into the download version yet:

http://www.schtserv.com/

Good luck though with the campaign though, mabey Sega will realize they still stand to make a profit if they keep it up.
-ImportBoy
Sega Saturn Information & Download Site - http://www.sega-saturn.us
kaneda@sega-saturn.us
segadreamcaster

ImportBoy wrote:There is already private server software for PSO on the PC, Dreamcast, Gamecube. Blue Burst is a also supported, but hasn't been released into the download version yet:

http://www.schtserv.com/

Good luck though with the campaign though, mabey Sega will realize they still stand to make a profit if they keep it up.
WEe know private servers exist but that is not the point, the private servers are not as reliable or functional as the originals, plus many people have trouble connecting....private servers (although great because they offer future security) are not an ideal solution

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
mjshopgames

Post by mjshopgames »

well i can tell you that the schtserv.com is a reliable place to play PSO online!!! I play PSO on this server for long periods of time during the week!!!!

This is probably almost as reliable as the schtserv.com
Nightmare a la DC

Post by Nightmare a la DC »

That sounds good as long as this site promotes legit games, and not one full of cheaters. The players over at OC are determined to keep cheating out of their community.
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
segadreamcaster

Yeah thats the point...I think it difficult to play a game over at schthacks if you want a guaranteed cheat free game....thats what we have at onlineconsoles...our servers... are completely cheat free and have been extremelly reliable.

We do of course still have the other servers as an option, especially if we were to want a random game as that is something that is difficult with our community servers...so we basically have the best of both worlds :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
mjshopgames

Post by mjshopgames »

well the only thing i dont like about the online consoles server is the requirements that you have to obtain because on the schtserv you can just connect and play!!!
segadreamcaster

mjshopgames wrote:well the only thing i dont like about the online consoles server is the requirements that you have to obtain because on the schtserv you can just connect and play!!!
Yeah, this can be a problem :( It just depends on if you have enough interest to join out community really....thats the idea of the requirments...if you meet them you are likely to be a dedicated user who will abide by the rules, if you don't it's quite likely that you could be the opposite and simply bring cheating tonthe community..this is the reasoning behind the decision

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
mjgaming

Post by mjgaming »

Quick question how many people are usually on the OnlineConsoles PSO Servers?
Play over 9,000+ games on http://www.mjgaming.co.cc
segadreamcaster

mjgaming wrote:Quick question how many people are usually on the OnlineConsoles PSO Servers?
Well, there are no real random games they are all scheduled so it's not like it's a vastly populated ship, but there are a fair number of players who will happily turn up to a scheduled game and are all 100% legit and great guys!

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Or could just play on shctack, there are some people who hack, but just don't play with em.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Never got to play DC online when I had mine, I think I was in my 100% online PC phase... Would be interesting in playing some PSO or Quake. Wish the damn BB adapter wasnt so pricey.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

to me, playing the DC PSO would be awesome but right now there are too many hoops to go through.

i play Episode 1 & 2 on the Gamecube through onlineconsoles.com. there is a small group of guys that play totally legit (the way it was meant to be played) and it's a great experience.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Manji wrote:i play Episode 1 & 2 on the Gamecube through onlineconsoles.com. there is a small group of guys that play totally legit (the way it was meant to be played) and it's a great experience.
Oh, cool. I've used guides on their site, but I didn't know they organized games too.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!