Just got Shenmue II!

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
Scooter

Just got Shenmue II!

Post by Scooter »

I recently landed a nice copy of Shenmue II and got a GameShark CDX disc so I can play this PAL game on my US version Dreamcast. I can't wait to dive into this game but I guess I have to finish Shenmue I first!
nick944

Post by nick944 »

I just got my copy of Shenmue II from ebay for $47 :) Thought it was a great price and description said the game was in "great condition" but, when it arrived the box had rips, the first case had a broken hinge, almost all of the little tabs holding the GD-ROM in were broken, and the first disc was pretty scratched. Well at least the game works right? Yeah! Wait.... nope. I played about 2 hours into it, and when I hit a specific loading point everytime it goes to a yellow screen saying "data read error". :roll:
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

nick944 wrote:I just got my copy of Shenmue II from ebay for $47 :) Thought it was a great price and description said the game was in "great condition" but, when it arrived the box had rips, the first case had a broken hinge, almost all of the little tabs holding the GD-ROM in were broken, and the first disc was pretty scratched. Well at least the game works right? Yeah! Wait.... nope. I played about 2 hours into it, and when I hit a specific loading point everytime it goes to a yellow screen saying "data read error". :roll:
Ahh how annoying :( I would have a moan about that if I were you

What makes it even more annoying is that this is a "Shenmue" game, not just any old game....but Shenmue...how highly irritated you must have been :(
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
nick944

Post by nick944 »

yeah... the sad thing is this isn't the first time it's happened. When I bought Shenmue fro Gamecrazy I played until disc three when it froze at one specific spot everytime... I took it back to gamecrazy and they told me it had corupted data on the disc... :cry: but, an employee told me he had several unopened copies of Shenmue laying around at home and he would gladly give me one!
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition