SEGA/Shiseido team up

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
Shenmaster777

SEGA/Shiseido team up

Post by Shenmaster777 »

"File this one under things a self-conscious teenage girl should probably never get her hands on. Utilizing the Nintendo DS camera, an upcoming game called Project Beauty aims at prettying up its player.

After scanning your face, the software uses a preset list of parameters to judge if your look is "cool," "active," "cute," or "feminine."

Luckily, unattractive didn't make the cut. But no matter which category your face ends up falling into, the game will tell you how to improve your visage with makeup--or as the picture on the right seems to suggest, by addressing hair follicle issues.

It's no surprise makeup application is the focus of the game, since it's the result of a partnership between Sega and Japanese makeup giant Shiseido, according to Agence France-Presse.

Sega said the game is targeted at 20- to 30-year-old women gamers, so men need not apply--especially when the end result could end up looking something like this. The software package, including a face scanner, will be available in Japan on November 27 for $55. "

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10014725-1.html
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Oh, joy. I'm sure the technology behind it is really interesting, but I really don't think women need another thing to tell them how they look. Many of them have low enough confidence about their appearances as-is.

This... shouldn't be under the Dreamcast section, I think.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Shenmaster777

Post by Shenmaster777 »

I didn't know where to put it. I think we should have a general SEGA discussion area on here.