The Shenmue Campaign

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
Shenmaster777

The Shenmue Campaign

Post by Shenmaster777 »

For many years the news regarding Shenmue and its creator, Yu Suzuki, have been hazy at best. In an almost sudden outburst of news regarding Shenmue - With GameReactor claiming a Wii version of the games being made and Simon Jeffery saying Yu suzuki is no longer is a part of SEGA - Thankfully the latter turned out to be false.

Shenmue III is SEGAs most fan requested game. Obviously, asking SEGA nicely to make it hasn't worked out. We now have to demand it. Although we condemn threats, we do suggest that some mild harassment is in order. Our main plan is to make a billboard and posters that will be visible around Tokyo before, during and after Tokyo Game Show 09. Posters will be on the streets outside SEGAs main office and a billboard outside TGS center. The goal is for SEGA to take notice, something they obviously haven't done. We are imagining that SEGA employees will see them and will there for start talking for them selves. No doubt, the executives will see/hear this and at least prompt a reaction.

Our goal is also to get the mainstream gaming media to take notice, as this is more then likely the biggest gaming collaboration to revive a series. As some may know, the good guys at EDGE magazine - arguably the biggest gaming mag in the world - are huge Shenmue fans. Our hopes are that they will help us.

Mainly we need your help through donations and buying merchandise. Every single penny donated will go to the goal, for ever merchandise bought, 1- 2 dollars will go to the campaign - We are selling these almost at production price.

Are there any other ways you can get involved? Yes, its simple. There are many different ways you can help.

Join the the campaign!
Head over to shenmuecampaign.org and sign up for updates and more.

Xbox 360
Over at www.xbox.com (the official xbox site) they are currently asking the community to suggest Xbox Live Originals games for download. Shenmue is currently the most requested. This is a key chance to get our message across to SEGA and Microsoft. If there is one thing they understand, its money. They see the huge potensial sales numbers. So how can you help? Go to their message board and write a post in the Shenmue Thread, "We demand Shenmue!".

You can also add "We Want Shenmue III" on you gamer card motto!

Sign the petition!
Online petitions are widely regarded as a bit of a joke but it's a well known fact that Yu Suzuki himself mentioned this very petition in an interview which makes the online petition the top of our to do list, Please Sign it and show your support!

Petition

WE WANT YOUR SUGGESTIONS, SEND US A MAIL, POST ON THE FORUM.
HEAD OVER TO THE SHENMUECAMPAIGN.ORG FOR MORE WAYS TO HELP!

As for our first order of business. We want you to write a letter, a note, a one liner or what ever to us. Pictures are welcome. We will also try to get the people who made shenmue what it is to contribute, such as Corey Marshall.

We will print all the letters and pictures and send the same letters every single month, the same date for a year, to SEGA.
Just send us an email, and we will do the rest. To no cost of the Campaign. All out of personal funds.

The time is right to actually push this through. Please, if there is one time we could really force this through and work together. It is now. We don't want Shenmue, WE DEMAND IT!

Sincerly,
The Shenmue Campaign

www.shenmuecampaign.org
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Shenmue is definitely an interesting game, although I can't say I've enjoyed it as much as I've wanted to. It's frustratingly slow, and it's tough to use the Dreamcast controller with it. Still, I'd like to see how they'd do a third Shenmue, and how it would look if it were made in current times. :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Shenmue for the DC is one of my all time favorites on any system.

Of course, the game was much easier to play when youre a kid and less on your mind, less to do.

But I just remember playing 9 hours straight without a VMU and my dad running out and getting one so I could save it and goto bed.

The game just had a whole different feel that no other game I ever played had. Just the interactions with people and the cool pace to the game (i enjoyed the slow pace) made it so fresh at the time. The graphics were great too. I remember playing the level where you had to get a job a the Dock. It was so not challenging, more of ... well a job! But the story really kept it going til the end. One of the most unique experiences.

Not sure if I would play through it again but all time fav.
nick944

Post by nick944 »

If they ended up making Shemue III it better be the right way. 8 GD's for the Dreamcast :lol:
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've been spoiled by newer systems. My first time ever playing any Shenmue at all was a tiny bit of Shenmue II on the Xbox, and that was probably no more than three years ago. About a year ago I got Shenmue 1 on the Dreamcast... but it's nearly unplayable for me. I'm very disappointed that that is the case... I just can't handle the controls or the slowness... The story seems fine, but it's difficult for me to stay interested at such a slow pace. :(
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp2063 wrote:I've been spoiled by newer systems. My first time ever playing any Shenmue at all was a tiny bit of Shenmue II on the Xbox, and that was probably no more than three years ago. About a year ago I got Shenmue 1 on the Dreamcast... but it's nearly unplayable for me. I'm very disappointed that that is the case... I just can't handle the controls or the slowness... The story seems fine, but it's difficult for me to stay interested at such a slow pace. :(
Warp Ive found that to be the case with some games in my life time. Shenmue might have been a game you would have loved upon its release many a year ago. Like I have said too. Shenmue is an all time favorite Top 10 up there with Sonic 2, Mario Bros, Doom, NHL 94 in my book. However, like you , if I played the game for the first time just last week I may have a totally different view on it.

Same with some Sega Saturn games. There were a couple I played and enjoyed alot when I was a kid and nostalgia is there. But if I didnt play them sometimes they are hard to get into.

There are alot of Sega Saturn games I never got to play back in 97 and im slowly buying them now as if they were new. So far Panzer Dragoon I loved, showing you how much that still holds up. I had never played it. But I guess like you with Shenmue Ill be letdown if I dont enjoy a game considered as a classic.