just bought a dreamcast

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
segasaturndude

just bought a dreamcast

Post by segasaturndude »

i was going to get a saturn at a local game explosion here but it was to expensive, so i got a dreamcast, the dreamcast is awesome!
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea the dreamcast is the real deal. great game machine that has a lot of great choices.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I love my Dreamcast. It doesn't get as much love as it should, though.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Yeah I don't put in much time with my Dreamcast myself. But when I do fire it up I've been playing this homebrew game Primitive Nightmare...you should all download it and give it a play. I put a review of it up on my youtube channel.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I was in Boston for conventions the last two weekends. I was trying to stay away from the video game sellers' tables for the most part, but a sealed copy of StarLancer caught my eye. Only $20, too! :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
lazyhoboguy

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I just got a dreamcast a couple weeks ago myself. My first real games are coming in the mail shortly (Crazy Taxi and Jet Grind Radio). I also played Primitive Nightmare (homebrew) since I have no real games for it here yet. I won't be pirating games even though it is easy.
ps2onlinegaming.com (Site for scheduling PS2 online and PS2 LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) matches)

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy
grolt

Post by grolt »

I bought my Dreamcast day and date 9/9/99. I'll never forget that day. I was also lucky enough to rent one when Hollywood Video was demoing them in the summer of '99. Never before or since was the graphical leap as pronounced from generation to generation as it was with the Dreamcast compared to 32/64-bit. Playing that first level in Sonic Adventure, I couldn't believe how detailed the textures were and how fast everything moved. Such a beautiful, beautiful console.

I don't get to play it nearly as much as I'd like to these days, but it still is hooked up to my TV for the odd online match of Phantasy Star Online. It's nice to see the system is still finding an audience, though. Enjoy it, guys!
That's fly.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

well whenever i come up with the money to get into my own mobile home, im goin to be getting analog phone serivce, and dial up so i can play you guys on dreamcast and sega saturn! 8) plus dial up is cheapest service nowindays, i think it would be interesting to try dial up. :D
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Using Dial-Up for the Netlink works perfectly fine! But trying to use it with a Dreamcast gave me a big headache. Trying to recreate a DC Server using Win98SE is pretty hard acrually. Still I think Dial-Up should never be shut down :D
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:Using Dial-Up for the Netlink works perfectly fine! But trying to use it with a Dreamcast gave me a big headache. Trying to recreate a DC Server using Win98SE is pretty hard acrually. Still I think Dial-Up should never be shut down :D
It really isn't that hard to do - it's just hard to get all the right hardware so that it works in the first place. Not all games support connecting via that method, though. Only the ones that connect to some central server have the ability to work like that... assuming someone has a server for that game running.
Direct-dial games, on the other hand are just that - direct dial. The Dreamcast has been programmed to tolerate latency much better than the Saturn's NetLink, so it usually works fine over digital phone services.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

it says in the late 90;s when dreamcast came out dial up caught up to speed around 56k for dial up on analog phone lines if and hwne you had new or recently installed phone system in your house to make it faster