Hello Dreamcast!

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
soul21

Hello Dreamcast!

Post by soul21 »

Just found this site, HELLO EVERYONE

Call me board. XD

Many months ago I wanted to get the old dreamcast online without spending 150 on a broadband adapter, Worth it yes but I'm poor lol.
To make it worse I no longer have a phone line here.
I tried and tried on many systems to get a PC-DC dialup connection going but I Failed under XP And don't have anything that will run 98 but that would still be a lot of work =\. So I tried linux too but that didn't get anywhere either.

Think I'm out of options? No way. Thank whoever I had this old ImacG3 sitting here. I got that to work easy peasy! lol It works VERY Easy. Still dialup though But not quite as slow as an ISP could be.

Here is the instructions that helped me.
http://www.asyserver.com/~kirwin/dc-modem-to-modem.html
Messing around with the DNS settings was another thing.

I do get a server list in Quake 3. And can get online with PSO. No starlancer yet. Haven't tried anything else yet. I wish i could try this old saturn I don't have a modem lol .
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Nowadays setting up a Dreamcast for online gaming is a real pain in the ass. After messing around with my old Pentium 2 laptop I got a working connection. Doesnt work always but, you know, its still awesome! ;) I always wanted to buy a BBA but instead of buying that little gem for 150$

I could get myself a Netlink from the USA and some cool games. (FYI Im not a pirate) Tried getting one for about 5 weeks now, still no luck. Oh, and dont even consider getting one out of Europe. There may be a small chance getting a Netlink out of the 9.000 (I think it was 9.000) released in Finnland, noone sells them...

Where are you from? USA, Europe?
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
soul21

Post by soul21 »

I'm in usa ya. I am just bored enough to buy a netlink thing except I don't have a phone line here. =(
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

So you're using a cell phone? Hmm... That's a BIG problem. Having an analog phone has lot of advantages you know. It isnt all that expensive and you might find someone within you state or city who is willing to dial you.

By the way: Digital phone lines suck and won't work with the netlink.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

So you're using a cell phone? Hmm... That's a BIG problem. Having an analog phone has lot of advantages you know. It isnt all that expensive and you might find someone within you state or city who is willing to dial you.

By the way: Digital phone lines suck and won't work with the netlink.
soul21

Post by soul21 »

ya i know i cant use it thats what im saying lol but i can still get on my dreamcast by dialing into an old imacg3 's modem XD HAhah It works really well. I couldnt get the XP or linux working that way.