DC online

Anything Dreamcast related, including Dreamcast online functions.
Pixelepsy

DC online

Post by Pixelepsy »

I was wondering how many people on this board took the DC online for games as well, because if there are some I may eventually invest in the broadband adapter.

I know, I know, it's pricey. But, I'm a collector and that means every so often I do ridiculous things, thankfully I'm in pretty good control of that though. XD

Anyways, aside from the online aspect, what are some of the games that you like most on the dreamcast? I need to pick up a racing wheel at some point to enhance my crazy taxi experience.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: DC online

Post by Warp2063 »

I made an effort to get my Dreamcast connected to a private Phantasy Star Online server at one point - even bought a BBA, but gave up and got my GameCube to make the jump instead.

I was a real latecomer to the Dreamcast scene - I didn't own my first one until 2008. Most of the games that I own for it I own versions of on other systems as well.

Games that I own:
-AirForce Delta
-ChuChu Rocket
-Grandia II
-Guilty Gear X (JP)
-Jet Grind Radio
-MDK 2
-NFL 2K1
-Phantasy Star Online
-Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2
-Power Stone
-Power Stone 2
-Sakura Taisen (JP)
-Sakura Taisen 2 (JP)
-Sakura Taisen 3 (JP)
-Sakura Taisen 4 (JP)
-Sega Rally 2
-Shenmue
-Skies of Arcadia
-Sonic Adventure
-Soul Calibur
-Starlancer
-Star Wars: Episode I Racer
-Tech Romancer
-Time Stalkers
-Trickstyle
-Typing of the Dead (with keyboard)

-Web Browser 2.0

Some of the ones on my list are very obvious choices that you'll find in any top ten list, so I won't bother mentioning them unless they mean a lot to me.
Power Stone I have very fond memories of - brawling in a friend's basement and at the local YMCA. I haven't played a ton of the sequel, but it's even more fun. Trickstyle's not a fantastic game and doesn't support VGA out, but again, I had a lot of fun playing it at the YMCA. NFL 2K1 I own only due to fondness, as it was the first time I struggled to determine whether I was watching TV or a game. The goofy cheats were a lot of fun, too. Soul Calibur is still beautiful even today, in my opinion. Someday I will own a fishing controller so that I can play SC with it. Skies of Arcadia I have more fondness for on the GameCube because I didn't own a DC until so late, but I like the VMU treats and sticking the discs into a CD player.

If you've got any questions about any of them, feel free to ask! I'll answer if I can! Unfortunately, not all have been played extensively - I tend to collect things if they seem interesting to me, but don't always get to play them all.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Re: DC online

Post by Xranger60 »

I came across this site recently: http://www.dcserv.org/. This group seems to be making legitimate progress towards creating servers for some of the games.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.