Anybody still around and looking to play?

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
Rocket888

Anybody still around and looking to play?

Post by Rocket888 »

I gifted myself a saturn, netlink, linksys unlocked VOIP, and two nice little action replay for christmas. I'm trying to experience my first online game over saturn. I can get access to all the online games. Feel free to DM me to play a game or two.

(I will be absolutely shocked if someone replies. No one has written anything on this board since last year but it's worth a shot.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I live in within the United States for those players who might be looking for someone a little more local.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Anybody still around and looking to play?

Post by Warp2063 »

Reply! :D

I have all my equipment, but I've never set up the Linksys VoIP box for play like this. Also I'd have to get everything set up. Also also I'm not very good. :P
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rocket888

Post by Rocket888 »

The gods have spoken, I'll dm you. If anybody else is reading this, I'll probably continue to look for additional people to play with (would be good to have a little group. So even if it's been a while since I posted this, feel free to post too.)
miba

Post by miba »

Hi I recently got a Saturn NetLink and would be interested in playing. I own a Phoebe ODE so I'm down for everything. I live in Austria though, so don't expect the latency to be too good
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Ooh, wish I had a drive emulator for one of my Saturns. Not expecting the latency to be good over that distance, either. Rocket888 and I had frequent pauses in gameplay when it didn't freeze outright, making it nearly impossible to play, and I think he said we live in neighboring states.

Granted, there are a lot of considerations in that, but...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

I played Rogue and he was in Brazil and I'm in California.
My Sega Rally game kept crashing over the analog phone line once we reached the title screen.
There is definitely issues with long distances.
miba

Post by miba »

Hm, I see that's quite a shame. Would still like to try this some day, just need to find someone from Europe :/
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone active who is in Europe, but I certainly don't know everyone here. :(