New Netlink user here! (New York)

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
retrospectors

New Netlink user here! (New York)

Post by retrospectors »

Hey so I recently got my Netlink and voip adapter set up. I am in New York and ready to play some games! The reason I mention my location is because it is my understanding that distance matters. I was able to connect with a guy from France but it always would disconnect when we would select the course in Sega Rally.

I have all 5 games. I know this board isn't very active so if you read this a year or two or three from when this is posted, still try to hit me up! My discord is retrospect#6100 and my youtube channel is called Retrospectors so hit me up! I will also still check this board from time to time.
Last edited by retrospectors on Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: New Netlink user here! (New York)

Post by Warp2063 »

Nice to meet you, retrospectors!

What kind of VoIP adapter/setup are you using to connect?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
retrospectors

Post by retrospectors »

I am using an unlocked Linksys SPA1001 1 FXS VoIP Phone Adapter. I had some games going last night with someone in the states but there was still some lag. We were able to play though.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'll have to dig mine out of boxes! Unfortunately, someone parked a giant artificial Christmas tree in front of my stuff, so it's really difficult to get to!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
retrospectors

Post by retrospectors »

Dig it up! I've been playing Netlink matches with very minimal lag lately, it's awesome!