Canadian Netlink users

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
scroda_moon

Canadian Netlink users

Post by scroda_moon »

Hey everyone I am looking for other Netlink users in canada
nandesuka

Post by nandesuka »

Hi there - I'm in Calgary and would love to getsome NetLink going!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Another Calgarian in the house. I've got the Link, I've got the beer, now I just need a few games! :D
XL2K5

Post by XL2K5 »

I'm from Montréal, Québec.
I only have Duke Nukem so far, but could try to find other games too.
(Si y'en a d'ailleurs au Québec, je peux faire des interurbains gratuits)
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

Wow only 3 replies from Canadian Netlink users since 2006 ??? I am located in Montreal Canada and will get Netlink and Duke nukem et je parle francais aussi. Please contact me if you are in Montreal or if u can do long distance = vdofun@yahoo.ca
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It's not a huge forum. People find this place at all different times.

Welcome to the forums!

I live near Canada... just not in it. I don't get to visit often. :(
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

Hello Warp. I understand but theres not many places like this one for matchups so its a bit surprising to see theres not more ppl out there. I just ordered a Netlink kit and i am looking to get a Netlink game too. Do u know some other places or forums where i could find players ? Thanks.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

This is the only collection of players that I know of. I'm guessing there just aren't many people who still realize that you can still play who can or still want to keep playing. Outside of this, I don't know of any other organized groups. This site really is one of your best bets.

At least two of us are working on ways to make it easier for people to play the Netlink together, but neither of us is finished yet.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

Well you can put me on your active players list :P but i dont have your games and daytona seems hard to find. ill check if i can get a few games and maybe we can try it ? I hope i find others in Canada or even better in montreal like xl2k5.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sounds good! Local hookups usually have the least lag, so those games usually work out the best. Long distance can work well, but not always.

Also, I can both call and receive long distance, but there is a catch - I'm not the one who pays the phone bill... so I have to justify any long-distance games I play over the Netlink with the guy who pays the bill beforehand. So I can play... just not frequently.
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

I dont plan on playing very often but if we can manage to play once in a while , it would be really nice! Rochester is not so far from me and maybe it could work ? Ill keep you updated when i get some games. I will try to get Sega Rally and Duke Nukem. Thanks for the help!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

No problem! Hope to play you soon!
Canadiangamer

Post by Canadiangamer »

I'll get involved with netlink shortly! I'm in NS
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

I found Duke nukem , Sega Rally Championship and Virtual On Netlink versions on Ebay. The only problem is that they were not selling for cheap and there was only 1 Sega Rally and 1 Virtual On and the price was prety high but i decided to get them anyway. Virtual On and Sega Rally i bought are brand new so its not surprising that i paid more for them. Duke is much easier to find from what i saw and is cheaper too. I should get them within a few weeks. I guess it could take a bit longer than usual due to the holidays. I will let you guys know when i am ready to play :wink:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

All the Sega Rally games I just saw on eBay were cheaper than Duke Nukem... I'm not sure where you were looking. It was strange that there were so few Virtual Ons, but they show up rather frequently.