Third Match-up

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.

Who will win this match-up?

segadreamcaster
100%
madder128
No votes

Total votes: 1

GLAKENATOR

Third Match-up

Post by GLAKENATOR »

OK guys, you guessed it, it's time fore the SSNLL's 3rd match-up! This is sure gonna be a doozy here. This time, I pick the game!!

Third Match-up

madder128 v. segadreamcaster

game: virtual on

please report results in this thread once match is finished.

best of luck to both competitors, yet only one can win, so let the most talented warrior rise from the ashes of his recently deceased opponent!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

LoL, if we ever get enough people to do something like this (I'd say 5 or more would be enough), you're gonna be the match coordinator.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

If he gets the netlink then this matchup might actually work..lol
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Oh, yeah didn't even think of that. Madder, please get a NetLink, :). It would be very cool to have some UK matches going on, make this sort of a worldwide thing.
madder128

Post by madder128 »

lol i dont even have a saturn yet but i am in deep consideration about getting one.
Cartman: "where is the nintendo???"
kennys dad:"we dont have a nintendo... we got a ColecoVision plugged into the black and white tv"
Kyle:"oh my god this is like a 3rd world country"

Southpark episode chickenpox rocks!!!!!!
madder128

Post by madder128 »

just wonderin but how many of us are from the uk.

and where on earth do i buy a net link????
kennys dad:"we dont have a nintendo... we got a ColecoVision plugged into the black and white tv"

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Madder, since you double posted, I consolidated both posts into one post. I'm personally from the US. As far as getting a NetLink, you're going to have to either search Ebay or the rest of the internet, or maybe a local used games store could have it by chance.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Well im in the UK and that about it at the moment I think....I know someone who is currently in the process of sorting out his netlink setup who is also in the UK so thats kinda 3 of us :)

Yeah ebay will be your only option to be honest...you will not find anything in stores because not only is the Saturn not really considered in many game shops in the UK, but also no netlink items were released in europe, so yeah its pretty much ebay or nothing and even then you will most likely have to import most if not all of it from the USA.

Cheers, Craig
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
madder128

Post by madder128 »

segadreamcaster wrote:Well im in the UK and that about it at the moment I think....I know someone who is currently in the process of sorting out his netlink setup who is also in the UK so thats kinda 3 of us :)

Yeah ebay will be your only option to be honest...you will not find anything in stores because not only is the Saturn not really considered in many game shops in the UK, but also no netlink items were released in europe, so yeah its pretty much ebay or nothing and even then you will most likely have to import most if not all of it from the USA.

Cheers, Craig
that could be a problem.

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

segadreamcaster wrote:Well im in the UK and that about it at the moment I think....I know someone who is currently in the process of sorting out his netlink setup who is also in the UK so thats kinda 3 of us :)
That's great news. The more the better. As for madder, don't be discouraged, if you find a decent deal, go for it.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
madder128

Post by madder128 »

Xranger60 wrote:
That's great news. The more the better. As for madder, don't be discouraged, if you find a decent deal, go for it.
my local gamestation has a saturn for sale with no games for £15. is it worth it or can i get a better deal else where.

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Hmm, not sure of the exchange rate, but I would consider something equivalent to about $35 US dollars or less to be a good deal.
madder128

Post by madder128 »

Xranger60 wrote:Hmm, not sure of the exchange rate, but I would consider something equivalent to about $35 US dollars or less to be a good deal.
thats about the right price then. :D

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Cool, if it's in the right shape, snatch it up. You'll be glad you did.
madder128

Post by madder128 »

Xranger60 wrote:Cool, if it's in the right shape, snatch it up. You'll be glad you did.
one thing i noticed about it though was the lid was cracked and it was slighty reduced, so i might wait until they get another one in because i'm worried it will stop playing games or something.