Third Match-up

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.

Who will win this match-up?

segadreamcaster
100%
madder128
No votes

Total votes: 1

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yeah, unfortunately as the Saturn gets older and older, you have to worry more about the condition the system is in. My spare one that I bought a few months ago was skipping through music, so I gave a slight tweak to the laser adjustment and now it works fine.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Just to say £15 is pretty good for a working saturn in the UK, most game shops will probably charge between £25-£35 for a saturn, cables and one controller, so thats not bad.

The only trouble you may have though is using netlink software and hardware with a PAL (UK) saturn...the netlink modem works ok on a PAL saturn but the keyboard adapter doesnt...but the main issue is running US games on a PAL saturn when the cart slot is already occupied by the netlink modem....yeah fun isnt it...you can get around it by installing a region mod and/or a mod chip so you can play copies which have been region patched...but that may be to much hassle?

Is there a problem with buying items on ebay by the way? just going by something you said earlier?

Cheers, Craig
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
madder128

Post by madder128 »

segadreamcaster wrote:Just to say £15 is pretty good for a working saturn in the UK, most game shops will probably charge between £25-£35 for a saturn, cables and one controller, so thats not bad.

The only trouble you may have though is using netlink software and hardware with a PAL (UK) saturn...the netlink modem works ok on a PAL saturn but the keyboard adapter doesnt...but the main issue is running US games on a PAL saturn when the cart slot is already occupied by the netlink modem....yeah fun isnt it...you can get around it by installing a region mod and/or a mod chip so you can play copies which have been region patched...but that may be to much hassle?

Is there a problem with buying items on ebay by the way? just going by something you said earlier?

Cheers, Craig
erm yeah.......... i dont know how old you guys presumed i was but the truth is i'm only 15. my dad lets me buy some stuff of ebay but he isnt to happy about me buying retro stuff so yeah it is a problem.
Cartman: "where is the nintendo???"
kennys dad:"we dont have a nintendo... we got a ColecoVision plugged into the black and white tv"
Kyle:"oh my god this is like a 3rd world country"

Southpark episode chickenpox rocks!!!!!!
GLAKENATOR

Post by GLAKENATOR »

madder, its a saturn, a videogame system. its not retro. plus chances are your dad wont even know what a saturn is. just pick it up, it'll be worth your while, we're going to have atleast four UK netlinkers.

plus, if you get it i might even include you in one of the match-ups. 8)
madder128

Post by madder128 »

GLAKENATOR wrote:madder, its a saturn, a videogame system. its not retro. plus chances are your dad wont even know what a saturn is. just pick it up, it'll be worth your while, we're going to have atleast four UK netlinkers.

plus, if you get it i might even include you in one of the match-ups. 8)
yeh my dad knows what a saturn is, he plays video games as much as me and has been playing them twenty years longer.
kennys dad:"we dont have a nintendo... we got a ColecoVision plugged into the black and white tv"

segadreamcaster

OK, well convice your Dad that he wants a Saturn then...is he interested in online play? Just think with Saturn Bomberman you and your Dad could play via netlink against me, because bomberman supports up to 4 players via netlink with 2 on each saturn :)

I'm sure he'll crack :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
madder128

Post by madder128 »

segadreamcaster wrote:OK, well convice your Dad that he wants a Saturn then...is he interested in online play? Just think with Saturn Bomberman you and your Dad could play via netlink against me, because bomberman supports up to 4 players via netlink with 2 on each saturn :)

I'm sure he'll crack :)
ah its worth a try but i aint promising a good outlook.

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Ah, having somebody for Segadreamcaster to play with would be great. The point about you and your dad being able to team up in NetLink Bomberman is excellent, I hadn't even thought of that.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

I know...cool idea or what :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
madder128

Post by madder128 »

Xranger60 wrote:Ah, having somebody for Segadreamcaster to play with would be great. The point about you and your dad being able to team up in NetLink Bomberman is excellent, I hadn't even thought of that.
yeh me and him used to spend hour on end playing bomberman on the snes when i was about four.

segadreamcaster

madder128 wrote:yeh me and him used to spend hour on end playing bomberman on the snes when i was about four.
Sounds like a perfect weak point then :) Goodluck

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman