First match of 2007? Almost...

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
grolt

First match of 2007? Almost...

Post by grolt »

Well, Zandengoff and I tried to get some Sega Rally and Virtual On on the go tonight, but we'd always drop the connection once we got to the now loading screen. We suspect it might be due to the extremely long distance the data has to travel (Alberta to Texas), but I guess it could be other things, like a burned copy not registering, or something else entirely.

It was kind of a bummer, since we were all set to go, and the connection would hiccup right at the last minute. I'm going to be trying a local game soon, so hopefully that will be able to decipher whether it is a distance issue.

Has anyone else had this problem?
That's fly.
Zandengoff

Post by Zandengoff »

Man that sucked... the Virtual On logo came on with music, just enough to take my breath away and kill my dreams, all in 30 seconds.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Definitely the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng distance holding things up. My match with nandesuka went flawlessly. Oh dialup, how could you?
That's fly.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

grolt wrote:Definitely the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng distance holding things up. My match with nandesuka went flawlessly. Oh dialup, how could you?
In that case I guess it wouldnt be worth trying a UK to USA match then..lmao
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
EverestX

Post by EverestX »

I finally got my netlink! I played with my Cousin (also in Ft. worth TX) tonight! We only had time to play 1 round of Sega Rally but I have to say it was great. Unfortunately, both of us had to remove our DSL line filters to play, even at that it was pertty laggy, not sure if that was the netlink, or the DSL line noise. Regardless, Zandengoff, as soon as I can afford it, You're next! :D