Success at last!

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
grolt

Success at last!

Post by grolt »

Well, tonight nandesuka and I played a few games, and the connection was flawless. Nary a hiccup, and it was amazing playing Sega Rally versus in full resolution. We started things off with some co-op Duke, and after about 45-minutes of wandering and finding smut videos on televisions, we decided to call it a game and go head to head in Sega Rally. I called him for Duke, he called me for Rally, and there were never any problems. It was amazing, really, that a game like Sega Rally can run so smooth on a 28.8 modem, when even old school Quake still has major latency problems for me on cable internet on my computer.

We had a lot of fun, and it felt great knowing that the Saturn is far from dead, and if enough of us get together on this, we can keep it alive and strong for years to come! We'll be trying some Virtual On pretty soon, and hopefully we won't be the only ones!
That's fly.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Cool, glad you got a game going...only ever managed one game with a firend, we had a go on Sega Rally and since then it hasnt worked...lol...we are meant to be testing it all sometime but that may be a while...sure we will get there one day :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
TwinSeeds

Post by TwinSeeds »

I will so play if it would work ---_---
Be a Hunter or become the Hunted
grolt

Post by grolt »

Yeah, we tried a few times but it just kept disconnecting - NetLink doesn't like the digital phone. It works locally though, so there is a small success story buried there.

But come on, the rest of you folks need to step up and get some games on the go!
That's fly.