Okay Lets Play!

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

It dialed Hobo Joe's number and everything and then just set there thinking for a minute and then gave me an error message.

I'm not sure if Hobo Joe got an error message on his end or not, he didn't say. But I agree with you and grolt that the burned copy was the problem.

Does anyone else wanna give it a try. I'll even dial the first game.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

It never got ot the point where it checks...I know this because the laser stayed near the inside of the disc...which is not where the security ring is. Even if it checks again, you could just swap again. And i didn't get any message...just sits there waiting.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

When it freezes, what screen are both of you at? Is it Xband? Does it get to the matchup screen with your taunts? Is there a status message?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Silence the Fallen

Nope. I couldn't get past the Xband dialing screen. It dials out and then after a bit a dialog box pops up and gives me an error message. Forgot what it said but it gave the same message every time.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Try dialing something, your cell phone for instance, and see if it gives the same error. If that's the case, it might not make a difference who you're trying to play against.
Silence the Fallen

I dialed my cell and the modem tried 2 times and then gave the dialog box "There is a problem connecting to your opponent. Please check your settings and connect again". I don't remember if this is the same message it gave when I dialed Hobo Joe or not, but it sounds similar.

Below the box it still says "dialing xxx-xxx-xxxx" When it gave me the dialog box message when Hobo Joe and I tried, the dialing number area changed to a message saying "opponent couldn't answer" or something similar.
Silence the Fallen

Also I should note that if I toss the 3.0 browser in the Saturn I can dial up my ISP and get online perfectly fine. Also of interest, I got online with my Saturn and visited this site. It let me log in and start a new thread/post and type a message but the "Preview and Post" buttons wouldnt show up. :( I thought it would be cool to make a post from my Saturn.

Anyway, my Saturn gets online and stays online perfectly fine. So I know the phone jack, phone cord, and modem all work properly. So i'm baffled as to why Hobo Joe and I couldn't connect.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Perhaps it's an issue with DSL... are either of you using it? The next step will just be to try somebody else. As for Joe, you'll need to do the same thing, to see if that burned copy really would be affecting anything, or if perhaps it's a modem problem on your end.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I'm not using DSL...not availible in my area....but I can't connect to Netzero because the login...even though i used 3 letters...was one letter to long. If anybody ahs one that fits I coudl use just to test myu netlink that'd be great.