Okay Lets Play!

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
Reps911

Okay Lets Play!

Post by Reps911 »

i've had this netlink for a while and have yet to play any games. Well i'm moving in may and when i move no more free long distance! So anyone that has sega rally or vurtua on. let me know if and when you want to play. And I will dial.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I've got both those games, and I'll be available to play for most of next week.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

awesome i'll PM you when I can play
nick944

Post by nick944 »

Sounds awesome, I wish I could grab some netlink games though...
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

nick944 wrote:Sounds awesome, I wish I could grab some netlink games though...
Check out some of these:

Duke Nukem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duke-Nukem-3D-Sega- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duke-Nukem-3D-Satur ... dZViewItem

Sega Rally:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-RALLY-Champion ... dZViewItem

Saturn Bomberman (bit expensive I know, but you could submit an offer)

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOMBER-MAN-BOMBERMA ... dZViewItem

You could always refer to this one if you do make an offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Saturn-Bomberman-Se ... dZViewItem

Anyway..there is a start and Duke Nukem is very reasonable if you don't have it already :)

Good to see some games being arrnaged btw :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I really recommend that you start by going to google shopping, and trying something like "duke nukem 3d saturn." It's probably the most easily available NetLink game. Try all different variants of the term and see what you can find. After that move onto stores that sell used games. The key to finding NetLink games is to look in places that aren't obvious, or at least aren't as obvious as going to ebay. Ebay can be great sometimes, but when it comes to used Saturn hardware or games, prices are usually inflated. So to sum it up, search on google shopping, search for online used game stores, and try to vary your search as much as possible, and go for it. If you have to go ebay, maybe try "buy it now." I think with just a little bit of time you should be able to find everything you need (except maybe Daytona CCE NetLink Edition).
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I'll play as soon as I get my modchip working, or I get another modchip. Hopefully I'll get it working soon so I can play. If not I'll just try and work with the swap trick. If you wanna contact em jsut try to get me on AIM, MSN MEssenger or Yahoo messenger because usually when I'm on there I'm usually free to play.
nick944

Post by nick944 »

Xranger60 wrote:I really recommend that you start by going to google shopping, and trying something like "duke nukem 3d saturn." It's probably the most easily available NetLink game. Try all different variants of the term and see what you can find. After that move onto stores that sell used games. The key to finding NetLink games is to look in places that aren't obvious, or at least aren't as obvious as going to ebay. Ebay can be great sometimes, but when it comes to used Saturn hardware or games, prices are usually inflated. So to sum it up, search on google shopping, search for online used game stores, and try to vary your search as much as possible, and go for it. If you have to go ebay, maybe try "buy it now." I think with just a little bit of time you should be able to find everything you need (except maybe Daytona CCE NetLink Edition).
I wish I could find them cheaper than I am right now though. Most I see are around $30 and I'm in high school without a job. I make $25 a month...
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Welcome to my life =P
I'm riding off of christmas funds still....and i think this chip is broken so im like....screwed....for awhile....
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

awesome to see people interested in playing, hopefully i'll be able to play some time soon :lol: i'll be sure to hit up as many people as i can
grolt

Post by grolt »

HoboJoe wrote:I'll play as soon as I get my modchip working, or I get another modchip. Hopefully I'll get it working soon so I can play. If not I'll just try and work with the swap trick. If you wanna contact em jsut try to get me on AIM, MSN MEssenger or Yahoo messenger because usually when I'm on there I'm usually free to play.
I'm not sure, but I don't think the swap method will work for these games, since once you connect the game reboots, which would again trigger the security check. Has anyone successfully swapped in an direct dial game?
That's fly.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Well once I find someone availible who can dial to me I'll give it a shot...I got a model 1 so the swap trick is much easier so maybe you just gotta do the swap trick twice to make it work....hopefully I'll be able to report back soon.
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

Hobo Joe and I gave it a shot last night and we tried several times with different setting. We couldn't connect.

If anyone else wants to try just let me know. I REALLY want to NetLink and will do everything I can to help out. I still have everything set up from trying last night with Hobo Joe. I'll keep everything out for the next week or so, if anyone happens to PM me we can have a go on a moments notice.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I think when I get some money I'm gonna but another netlink and a saturn and do some tests. It might have just been the fact that I was using a burnt copy of the game....but it seems unlikely.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Guys, what stage did you get to before it disconnected? I'm suspecting it might really be the burnt copy. As someone here said before, the game does have to restart after the modems are connected, and probably does another check for official software.