New Challenger has entered the ring

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
Manji

New Challenger has entered the ring

Post by Manji »

in this corner... Manji!

if anyone would like to play me in a game of Virtual-On, Sega Rally or Duke Nukem (i'll get Saturn Bomberman soon), please let me know. i have long distance plan on my phone so i would be able to place the connecting call.

i am not very good at any of these games yet, but with practice i know i will get better 8)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sweet! More players! :)

I'm interested in playing, but I don't have a day off until Friday.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji Im getting my Long Distance put in on Monday so 6 days until I can play. I have all the games except for Daytona so Ill roll with you anytime.

Manji do you have AIM?

Or Warp do you have AIM?

I should get your screen names down in case the forum gets hacked or something.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

i dont have AIM, but i do have this universal messenger service where it lets you message people with AIM, MSN, Yahoo and other popular ones i guess.

maybe everyone here should check it out: http://www.pidgin.im/

i added you on my list xDerekRx. i put xDerekRx@aol dot com, i hope that works.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Hey guys, I just got Duke Nukem in the mail yesterday. I can't make any long distance calls but if anyone would like to play I'd be interested. I've just now got everything to get a netlink match going so yeah, let me know if anyone's interested.
Game collection on my site.
Manji

Post by Manji »

oh im interested. although i've only played duke nukem a couple times and i'm terrible, i would like to practice. let me know what time you would be available and give me your phone number through PM. we can set up a good time to play. luckily you are in Ohio it seems so our time is pretty much the same.

also, i dont have a keyboard so i wont be able to chat much other than typing with the controller.

edit: in fact, i have it set up so when i receive a PM from here, i get an email. so once we set up a general time, i will stay online and watch for any new email in my box, when i get a PM, then i'll know when to dial the call.

this is probably helpful if we're not using some kind of IM service.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Duke is my game so all prepare to be owned. Actually I havent played in years other than playing single player on XBOX live the other week.

Should be fun. Countdown to my long distance is still 6 days :(

I think Bomberman can be played with 4 people on Netlink? Anyone know? Would be cool to get 4 people playing.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:I think Bomberman can be played with 4 people on Netlink? Anyone know? Would be cool to get 4 people playing.
Unfortunately, no. And even if you could, any extra people would have to play on one of the two consoles connected - the modem is a direct connection to one other console, and one only. You can't have three modems talking directly to each other, as they only work in pairs. Even if it had worked, not that many people had the ability to do a 3-person conference phone call over a phone line anyway.

The only way to play with more than 2 players is to use multitaps for a single console.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah, thats what I meant. Cant you do 2v2 online for Bomberman? Like You could grab a friend and I could grab a friend and make 4 players? And can you do that with other Netlink games?
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Manji

Post by Manji »

that would be interesting.

by the way, i added your AIM xDerekRx. if anyone wants to add me, my screen name is evolvingcells. i will post that in the match-up forum too.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yes, it is possible to play Bomberman over NetLink with 2 players on each console. If one console has 2 and the other has 1, the one going solo will play with a bot. 2 v 2 NetLink matches are only possible for Saturn Bomberman.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Manji

Post by Manji »

wow, that is exciting! saturn bomberman rocks 8)
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Oooh 2vs2 matches would be amazing! I hope I track down some more Netlink capable games, I just can't afford ebay prices.
Game collection on my site.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Bomberman is awesome to play, period. A couple years ago I got an 8-player match going with two multi-taps, that was some serious fun. I've never taken it online though, I'd love to try the two versus two as well.

Edit: As for using the keyboard in the games, I don't even think that's possible. I don't think any games support that. I know you could do it in the Dreamcast days, but I'm pretty sure the NetLink games are identical to the offline games other than tricking the system into thinking the second player is local.
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Yeah, the only time that the Saturn keyboard is useable is when there's a text box to type into on the screen. That only occurs in the web browser, NetLink menus, or the chat after a round of playing.