Hi/ Hola from PERU, looking for first matchup partner/s!!

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
BimboBoop

Hi/ Hola from PERU, looking for first matchup partner/s!!

Post by BimboBoop »

Hi, I am from PERU, i finally have my NETLINK cardtridge at my hands, that I boughted years ago, it was safe at a friend place at US - Florida trough the last 4 years. So I was wondering if there is any user of my same country, Perú or even better, from my same city (LIMA), in order to try my first matchup whit my netlink :)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Hi/ Hola from PERU, looking for first matchup partner/s!!

Post by Warp2063 »

Hello!

I'm not familiar with anyone active here from Peru, but that doesn't mean that there aren't. I think the closest active user to you is in Brazil, and that's Rogue.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hi!

Yeah we could play if you wish mr. BimboBoop.

I have played with people from Europe and USA, so playing with you should be even less laggy.

I can make the call. But please confirm it works. Call your home number using your cellphone/whatever and when the Saturn picks up it should make fax noises for the calling phone.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
BimboBoop

Post by BimboBoop »

Hi Rogue, sorry for the late reply, It would be nice to play whit you. It will be my first time using my netlink modem :) The call could be expensive, thats why I never toughed on playing whit someone outside my country. I was searching for peruvian users cause as far i Understood that it will be free for me.
About the modem, I connected the phone to the modem and then the modem to the wall phone output. I didnt used any game. Then I called whit my cellphone and the phone recieved the call. I pickep up the phone and it sound like some kind of interference, but it wasnt fax noises at all... unless the ones I remember.
I dont have any of the netlink games on original, just back ups.. thats ok isn it? I will review my old backups , I hope they are still working :)
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Oh, you actually don't need to plug a phone to the NetLink. That was normal in older hardware to have a passthrough for a phone, for people using just one outlet in the wall. The modem will cut the phone signal anyway when it's in use. Picking up a phone in another outlet in the house will drop the NetLink connection. It's very sensible.

What I mean is, the "software" in the Saturn should pick up the call. It can be a game or the broswer. So to make sure it works, you can do this or make the call with the Saturn. The browser makes a call to the Internet Provider to connect. The games make a call to another person.

Put your cellphone number in the game options (the NetLink menu only appears when the modem is detected) and make a call. You should hear the fax noises in the cellphone.

Got this? -> The noise will not be heard in the phone connected to "Phone" in the NetLink. Forget about this connection. Only use the modem to the wall. You should hear the fax noises in "another telephone" using "another outlet" in your house or in the receiving phone (when the Saturn is the one making the call), be your cellphone or whatever.

You will need a game or a browser to make it work. There's no point otherwise. If you can make the games run, yes, you can use backups.

Try Sega Rally. When it starts with the modem, there will be options to go to normal game and netlink game.
I'm ready to play!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I think we scared him.

=/
I'm ready to play!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It can be difficult to coordinate...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp cool to see you keep the place going still :)

I still wish analog phone wasn't the only real way to play Netlink, when are you going to figure out a new solution for us :) Been wanting to play again for years now :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:I still wish analog phone wasn't the only real way to play Netlink, when are you going to figure out a new solution for us :) Been wanting to play again for years now :)
I'm still separated from my Saturn hardware. It's all in New York. I just moved back to the correct timezone, but it's still a long distance away.
BimboBoop

Post by BimboBoop »

I am back. I got disconnected from here and other places cause family issues. I even was banned from assemblers.com :( I think cause I wasnt getting connected frequently, Thanks guys for not banning me from here too. About the instrucctions Rogue, I will try it :)
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Okay!
The admin here is a sweet and caring person I've heard. He will not ban you because you didn't login a few days (or months). n_n

If you need any clarification, just ask us.
I'm ready to play!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't think I've ever seen anyone banned before.