Matchup chatroom

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
rush6432

Matchup chatroom

Post by rush6432 »

Im definatly down for some sega rally or virtual on here in the next week or so. my suggestion is that anyone who wants to play joins this room so we can all chat directly

aim:gochat?roomname=Netlink+chat

just copy the link directly and then paste it in your web browser and hit enter. you must have AIM running for this to work.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

This is an idea. Plus, if anybody would like, it's possible for us to pick an IRC server, and chat with our NetLinks. A little more cumbersome and sort of unnecessary, but the cool factor can't be denied :).
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

definatly cool. I dont have a dialup account though. most free dialup accounts though send some info with your username and password making it not somthing that would work on the saturn. i only know this because i tried it on my sega dreamcast which is basically the same network setup. anyway id definatly join on my pc. id say the best bet is to join #netlink on Efnet. just a suggestion. anyways ill join the channel and hold moderator on it so we can keep it. maybe get some bots in there.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

well i figured out an irc link for everyone if your planning to use your sega saturn. type this into your planetweb browser to get to the netlink channel.

pwchat://irc.prison.net:6667/#netlink

we should setup a date where everyone signs on and we have multiple games going and we can then get back into the chatroom and match up again with diffrent people. how many active members are on this site?
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

logged in with my saturn earlier today, it works :) Anyway ive got a bot in the channel now so it will be controlled at all times
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Nice, I was also thinking of just whipping up a quick php chat here, that would make it easier for anyone on the web to join.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

or that works too lol
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yeah the idea of an IRC chat is nice, only problem is, everyone comes on here at different times and stuff, so it probably wouldn't be too full. But I'll see what's the best option.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

so the only active people on here are me you and sgrande99 really...... man surely there has to be more ppl.
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Hey! some of us are devout board lurkers :) .

But really, it'd be great to mix it up with some people (especially now that my copy of Virtual On should arrive here in a day or two). I honestly think it's just because everyone's schedule is different that more games aren't being played. I tried gaming with sgrande99 a little while ago but we kept getting an error message (freaky huh? Still just talked for like an hour or so). Guess all we can really do is drop a challenge and hope someone is free.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

yah i guess. I just picked up 2 more saturn netlink modems for a great price. i needed another one bc my girlfriend plays sega rally non stop and she's got a saturn too lol.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

LoL rush, tell her to join the league! :)
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

lol ill get her to join, i got her a netlink kb adaptor and saturn and working on getting her a copy of sega rally for her saturn.