NEED a netlink modem a.s.a.p

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
rush6432

NEED a netlink modem a.s.a.p

Post by rush6432 »

Anyone got a sega saturn netlink modem for sale??? i got screwed out of my deal, i ordered it online and only to find out that they refunded my money and never told me they were out of them when there page stated they had them in stock. anyway someone got one for sale let me know.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

I doubt you will have any luck finding someone who wants to sell on here, but who knows you might :)

Your best bet though to be honest is to keep an eye out on ebay, its the best place for netlink items these days.

Cheers, Craig

PS: which site did you have the trouble with?
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)

Post by Guest »

had trouble with mcvans.com

Post by Guest »

Anyone know of the japanese xband modem for saturn will work with the netlink games??? if im not mistaken the game just checks for the isntalled hardware and uses software built off the game disc to control the hardware. its the same modem im sure but it has a slot for a card for japanese games (credits system) anyoen have a clue?

Post by Guest »

Nevermind, got myself a netlink modem at a local video game shop here. only problem is its dirty as hell and i need to clean up the connections on it and all. was covered in about an inch thick layer of dust and crap lol. anyway im up for playing sega rally or virtual on so far. if anyone wants to play msg me
segadreamcaster

Cool, glad you got one.

In response to your question about the Japanese Xband modem, no it won't work with the US netlink games, it worked ona completely different system and is not compatible, think this was tested some time back (read it somewhere) so no it doesn't work as far as we know :(

Cheers, Craig

PS: Never heard of mcvans.com, will have to check it out

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

So Japanese modem won't work with US NetLink games eh? That's too bad, considering NetLinks are getting rare to find as it is.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

No im pretty sure they won't, fairly sure I read this somewhere a while ago, I guess the obly way to be totaly sure though is to try one ourselves...was tempted to get one which was selling on ebay.co.uk actually, went for something like £11....shame...

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

It would make sense that they wouldn't work, considering the Saturn japanese modem was designed to use a service. You would think that both modems would use standard modem commands, but as you said, we may never know. Perhaps someday somebody who has a Jap modem will join and let us know?
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

3 for sale on ebay right now
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Somebody is selling 2 NetLink modems with browser and KB adapter with 4 days left, 2 bids, current price is $.99, Im betting that one will go up to about $35 or so in the end, maybe $40 or so.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Xranger60 wrote:Somebody is selling 2 NetLink modems with browser and KB adapter with 4 days left, 2 bids, current price is $.99, Im betting that one will go up to about $35 or so in the end, maybe $40 or so.
hehe i won that bid. i got an extra modem now, and my friend just found his saturn so i think we may have another netlinker to play against.
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Anonymous wrote:had trouble with mcvans.com
*HA*

I grew up going to McVans all the time. They started out here on Fort Wayne. Yeah, their policies do suck sometimes, but their local stores usually have everything you need and more.

Sorry to hear they screwed up with your NetLink order.
Cobracf2

here ya go

Post by Cobracf2 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/NetLink-Modem-for-S ... dZViewItem

I think this seller is raising the price though I actually placed a bid on this modem the next day a buyer with (0) feedback has bid somewhere over 20 bucks for this. Just a gut feeling. I could be wrong. But im going to keep an eye out and see if this seller reposts the item after close of auction. Right now the bidding is at 18.50. I only bid on it so a friend here in town could hook up with me.
I have sega rally, virtual on, duke nukem all warmed up and ready to go. its been years so I am a little rusty take it easy on the old man LOL

Post by Guest »

sweet good to see more people using the netlink again. duke3d. bomberman are great games over netlink.