MxBB/mxPublisher

Let me know what you think of the site, or leave any comments if you are just dropping by.
retro

MxBB/mxPublisher

Post by retro »

I noticed that the forum doesn't work very well on Internet Explorer 8 (now a critical update, so obviously Microsoft's recommended browser!).

In particular, if you fully populate the text box when posting a topic (i.e. waffle on for ages!), the text box jiggles about, making it impossible to see what you're typing!

I wondered whether you're running an old version of MxBB (noting the 2007 message at the bottom) so Googled it. I found two things.

- MxBB is actually an add-on CMS for phpBB (and as phpBB is often updated due to exploits and improvements, it should be regularly updated).

- MxBB was replaced by mxPublisher in early 2008!

I notice that you mentioned you got hacked. Unfortunately, this was most likely due to your running an outdated version of phpBB, and someone took advantage of an exploit. I would recommend upgrading to mxPublisher.

Hope this info is of use!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've been aware of this for a while, but I believe there's only one person here who has the access to do anything about it -- and that's the main admin.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
retro

Post by retro »

True. You need access to the FTP in order to upload the files, and the admin account to get it installed.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've done it before on another board. I don't think there's anyone else here that has admin access though. *shrugs*

Not really my place to bug him about it.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Pff who uses Internet Explorer

Firefox...
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Isaac [GER]