Forum for general video gaming?

Let me know what you think of the site, or leave any comments if you are just dropping by.

Forum for 'general' video gaming?

yay
57%
nay
43%

Total votes: 7

Manji

Forum for general video gaming?

Post by Manji »

i notice there are topics within the Saturn or Netlink sections that don't necessarily have anything to do with the Sega Saturn or Netlink, so i think it might be a good idea to make a seperate forum for discussing our video game habits.

thoughts on this?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Not only a general gaming section, but one for other things altogether. The "General" section is labeled as only for things pertaining to the NetLink.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I think we should only have a "general" gaming topic that really has something to do with games that were ported from Saturn to Xbox 360 or other consoles.

:o
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Hey,

Gotta say I would be against this I think....There are many places for chat about general gaming and unrelated topics and from what I have seen in the past these types of addition just lead to less chat in the areas the forums are meant to cover...so although convenient I don't think it's a good idea
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

segadreamcaster wrote:Hey,

Gotta say I would be against this I think....There are many places for chat about general gaming and unrelated topics and from what I have seen in the past these types of addition just lead to less chat in the areas the forums are meant to cover...so although convenient I don't think it's a good idea
But if we have nothing new to talk about in the Saturn or NetLink department, we stay quiet... making people think that this forum is dead, which doesn't help to attract newcomers. This is actually one of the most active times I've ever seen... but then again, I only joined a bit over a year and a half ago.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
salsays

Post by salsays »

In reality the general gaming discussion should happen. We all have other systems other than the Saturn. I mean we all love our Saturn's and want to play each other over net link, but if we have live or psn or wii, even Dreamcast. So I say set up a general page and if we can lets get other games in and attract more people.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I'm wondering, would you guys like only an additional forum for anything under the sun, or one for general gaming, and one for everything else?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't think we talk about quite enough other stuff to warrant making two new forums. I figure one additional forum would be fine.
cathyv

Post by cathyv »

In reality the general gaming discussion should happen. We all have other systems other than the Saturn. set up a general page and we can get other games in and attract more people.
CATHYV
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

And while you're at it, please update the site. I'm not liking the fact that so many bots are getting in, nor do I like that the site keeps getting hacked.